Chapter 28: Always do

"I'm glad that I'm going to the office" I told my mother as I picked a few files from her desk. I was replacing her today. I needed to get my mind off things and this was a perfect opportunity. I needed to make something of my own.

Not be dependent on Hades.

"That's a good idea" She responded hesitantly. I turned around to look at her.

"Doesn't sound like you actually agree, mom" I chuckled at how encouraging she was trying to be, despite not approving.

"It's dangerous, honey" she said while shaking her head.

"I have security around me" I pointed out. "All the time" I added.

Hades made sure of that.

"If you feel like that's a good idea, I'll support you, sweetheart" my mother breathed. "Even if you're wrong" she whispered. I couldn't help chuckle and rolled my eyes in amusement.

"I heard that" I told her.

"It was intentional" she retorted back as she walked out of the home office. I stared at myself in the mirror that was hung on the wall next to the file drawer. I was wearing a long sleeved turtle neck peach dress. it. My gold necklace was so simple yet, the fact that it was lying on the fabric instead of my skin, made it stand out. I moved my black blazer slighted to have a look at my tummy. It was definitely there. I fixed my blazer again and picked my hang bag, with the bunch of files in my hands. My hair was flowing down my shoulders. I stared at the high heels that I was wearing then quickly shook my head in disapproval.

Since when do I wear high heels?

I traded for a simple pair of shoes that had shorter heel and that were much more comfortable.

My comfort before anything else.

I walked out of the home office, after pushing my high heels under my mother's desk. I was feeling too lazy to bring them back to my room. I was also going to run late to the office. I walked down the stairs, opening my handbag at the same time to make sure that my phone was in there.

"Watch where you're walking, Luna" I froze at the sound of this familiar voice. I frowned and lifted my head to see Hades. He was standing by the front door with a frown on his face.

"Hades" I greeted once I was recovered from the surprise. I blinked my eyes a few times before walking the remaining steps. When I reached him, he instinctively walked closer to me and took the files from my hands. "Thank you" I said while offering him a smile.

"You're early" I heard Julien said while running down the stairs. He was lucky that my mother was not around. "Where are you going?" He then asked when his eyes fell on me.

"What's happening?" I asked in confusion, completely and purposely ignoring his question. Hades would not particularly approve of me leaving the house for work.

"I called him" Julien told me as it it was obvious.

"You told me to call him" I pointed out.

"Did you?" Julien retorted. Ouh. I didn't like this attitude.

"I was going to" I huffed. Hades cleared his throat, narrowed his eyes in our direction before turning his attention to his watch. There was that cold façade that I didn't like.

"I don't have much time" He simply said monotonously. Julien nodded curtly while I observed the man that I fell in love with. I wanted to know what was going on in his mind right now. He seemed so cold.

So untouchable.

It's a shame to say that I was intimidated.

"We received this yesterday" Julien said as he watched to the drawer that was in the living room. He took the letter and the blue rose then handed it to Hades. He clenched his jaws, opened the letter and I watched as his eyes skimmed the words.

"Sick Fuck" Hades swore under his breath. He then folded the letter and placed it in his pocket while he gave Julien the rose. I tilted my head in confusion. "Put that in a bag for me" he demanded. My best friend nodded quickly before running to the kitchen, leaving me and Mr Cold Façade alone. "Where are you going?" He asked.

Oh No. There we go again.

"I'm dropping some files to the office" I told him. Well, basically that was not a lie. His eyes skimmed me, from head to toe before resting on my eyes.

"My security guards will be accompanying you" Hades simply said, making me roll my eyes.

"When are they not, Hades?" I questioned before taking the files from him. "Thank you" I said while offering him a smile. I refuse to let his cold facade get to me. He was still the man that I love. He was still the father of my unborn child.

"I'll walk you to your car" he said while moving his hands so that I couldn't reach the files. Even if his tone was very serious, I smiled at the offer.

"That would be nice" I said and made my way to the door, with him following behind me. The silent was deafening and I didn't know what to say or do to break that ice cold atmosphere.

I was trying to make this work for both of us.

But Hades was cold.

Unresponsive.

"Thank you" I said as I took my files from him and placed them on the backseat of my car. His eyes were fixed on me but he didn't utter a word. "Have a nice day" I told him as I started walking to the other side of the car.

I was suddenly stopped.

Hades held my wrist and pulled me softly. When he saw that I was not pushing him away, he pulled me even closer so that my back was now pressed against his chest.

Whether I liked it or not, a sensation of relief washed over me. His touch was everything i was craving for. It was hard for me too. Hades knew my weaknesses.

And one of them was him.

His touch.

"Where are you going?" He asked again, his voice gentle and soft, sweetly coaxing me into answering his question. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and exhaled before gently moving out of his touch. His only reason for being gentle and sweet right now was to get a truthful answer about my whereabouts.

"I'm going to the office, Hades. I already told you that" I pointed out casually. "I'll see you later" I said with a smile and got into the car. His jaws clenched for a few seconds. He hated it that he was not in control of the situation. I was doing whatever I wanted and he couldn't control it.

I was not sitting at home, waiting for him to come back.

"When is later?" Hades suddenly asked. His voice was no longer soft. I shrugged my shoulders, placed my sunglasses on.

"You're missing me already, aren't you?" I questioned teasingly. His eyes sharpened, his jaws clenched and a scoff escaped his lips. I didn't know what his problem was. I was trying to make this work for both of us.

But he was making it hard.

"Is this a joke to you?" Hades chuckled. There was no humour in this. He sounded tired and frustrated.

"Luna, you're keeping my child away from me. You know how dangerous it is out there. You're still taking the fucking risk" he swore, shooting daggers in my direction. "I don't know what you have planned but this is risky. There is your life at risk. And the life of our child. I don't understand how reckless you can fucking be" he swore as he took a step back from the car. He ran his fingers through his hair. I could clearly see how upset he was. "You have no idea what it is like, not having you in front of me, in safety" he snapped. I sat there, silently watching him lash out. I was expecting this.

But not this soon.

"Hades" I started as I took off my sunglasses to look at him right in his eyes. "For once, I am thinking about my happiness. I will always protect my child. No matter what" I told him.

"Who will be protecting you?" Hades demanded.

"You" I responded naturally. His eyes softened at my word. "You always do" I shrugged before starting the car.