Chapter 17: Reincarnated

It started out as a giggle, but soon evolved into an actual laugh.

"What the fuck..." I stopped laughing temporarily and looked at Hade. He seemed horrified.

"So you're saying that you also reincarnated into this world?" I asked Hade again, this time making sure that I was not hallucinating or hearing things.

"Yes..." Hade answered, "And I'm assuming you also...?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, so have you read the story?"

Hade shook his head, "No, but I know the key details," Hade frowned, "But I don't remember there being a demon assistant in the story. No wonder..."

"Yeah," I nodded my head again, "I found that weird too. I bet I'm some sort of bug that the person in charge wants to get rid of," I smiled at the thought.

"Wait, how did you know that was my mission?!" Hade exclaimed.

I just smiled, "Remember, I can see what you see. And what I see is a screen above my head saying in all caps 'TARGET'," I reminded Hade.

"Oh," Hade seemed a little embarrassed.

"By the way, what about Asmodeus? Is he not a target?" I asked.

"He is," Hade replied, "But you're the main target. Once I...well it doesn't tell me that I have to kill you. It says that I have to 'contain' you. Do you know what it means by that? It says the same for Asmodeus."

I placed my hand on my chin and got into my thinking position, "Well, it could mean that you have to stop us. Though I'm pretty sure you know a lot more than me."

"Yeah," Hade said, "That's what I thought so too at first. But when I asked the system, it didn't react. So I changed my line of thought, and concluded that it wanted me to at the least control you guys. It said that I could even involve Asher in this."

I nodded my head, "Interesting. Does Asher know you reincarnated?"

"About that..." Hade looked fidgety, "Asher also reincarnated."
————————————————————
Hey guysss!!! It's my birthday!! (2/25) So here's a chapter :))