Pardon Me, Arin Went Burr Sir

"Kendra Waters, you are one lucky girl." She said with a kind smile. "You sure because I was nearly killed four times recently also how do you know my name?" She laughed at me, the oblivious me. "The stars align for you Kendra, love is on your way." I looked around. "Sorry, I don't believe in horoscopes." She took a deep breath and instantly her appearance changed. She looked like she was my age with brown hair but she still had those kaleidoscope-gray eyes. "Kendra, I am Áine. Goddess of love, wealth, summer, and sovereignty." I made a silent 'o'. "Anyways, I'm here to give advice."

"I don't need love advice, thank you very much."

"Not love advice, be careful. Betrayal is in the air. Be safe daughter Of Danu." In a flash of light, she disappeared. "Wow, she makes time to check on me, TO GIVE ME SOME TRASHY ADVICE." I kicked a rock and watched as it skidded across the street. "Wonder what it's like having her as your mom?"

"It's hard, people looking to you to bless their crops." I turned around and saw a girl. "My mother is Áine." I expected her to look like a living Barbie doll, all pink and girly. But she wasn't, she had long auburn hair with blonde highlights and gold eyes. she looked pretty don't get me wrong but I expected a more girly person. "What's thrown you off? The leather jacket? Combat boots? Name it."

"Yeah. you named it, also it just..." I trailed off in the end. "Faith Blight, nice to meet you." She held out her hand, I shook it for an awkward amount of time. She pulled away, wiping it on her shirt. Great, I guess I've won the award for the world's sweatiest hands. "Don't worry, shaking hands can be awkward. I prefer a hi-5." And I probably said that out loud. "It's fine, I say my thoughts out loud sometimes."

"Can you PLEASE stop saying what I am thinking? It's creeping me out."

"Sorry, can't help it."

"Please just stay out of my thoughts." She nodded and stared at me. She blinked a few times. "So who's the guy Mark who called you 'Sweetness'?"

"WHAT DID I SAY?!"

"Eh, sorry."

She pulled out a small iron spike. "Keeps away the Fae." There was a tag on it that looked a lot like those sale stickers. "Umm, thanks Faith- Faith?" She was gone but the air smelled like burning hay. "Kendra! I FOUND IT." I raced to where I heard Arin calling for me. Only to see him hovering over a Magic: The Gathering card. "It's one of the most powerful nine ones." He picked it up. "Seriously?" He nodded and stuffed it into his pocket. "I see you have found my Magic: The Gathering card." There was a guy who looked like a straight-up lumberjack. "Nuada Airghetlem." He had the generic red hair and green eyes and- "WHAT IS WITH BEING IRISH AND HAVING GREEN EYES AND RED HAIR?" He shrugged and pulled the card out of Arin's hand.

"It's a generic thing, lass."

"I'm never gonna get used to that." He laughed which sounded more like somebody saying 'ha, ha, ha' loudly for an awkward amount of time without realizing it. "C'mon!" He slapped Arin in the back which probably knocked the wind out of him. "Why are you here anyway?"

"Here on a mission, trying to convince Morrigan to give access to her crows." He pulled out his sword and waved it at Arin's face.

"Nuada!" The gods turned around to see Mark. "Mother sensed you here and she's just kicked you out, you have no access to Tír Na Anam. Same for you and your friend Arin." Mark laughed quietly. Arin began sounding broken down. Mark jumped down and landed on his feet. "Nuada, my mother hates you now so best not go." He looked behind Nuada at a murder of crows. "Want that murder of crows chasing you? Sure would be an embarrassment." The god stared at Mark for a few seconds. "Criminy." He turned around and disappeared. "Looking to get to Tír Na Anam?"

"We're not allowed anyways," Arin said, pulling out his sword. "Sword down Arin, you know I'll just win."

"I'll allow you."

"Really?"

"Sweetness, not you Arin."

"Me?" I pointed to myself although it was pretty obvious he was talking about me. "Yeah, mom's n0t a fan of your mom Arin." He pointed his sword at Arin. "My mom stopped a war which your mother didn't care about."

"It was a 'your mom' problem, not a 'my mom' problem."

"Oh, thanks for not caring!"

"Not caring?"

"Yeah, you big- uh- potato sack."

"Potato sack? You little-" He jumped on Arin and began slapping his face. Arin fought back and me being a bystander watching them. Then they pulled out their swords and it got out of hand. "I'm a potato sack?! Then you're a little rat."

"I am so offended." Arin made a 'z' with his finger. I looked at the bucket filled with water and I controlled the water and threw it at them. "Stop it."

"Fortune favors the bold Kendra, I'll take you to Tír Na Anam but Arin can't go."

"Well sorry but Arin's my friend."

"What if I let him come?"

"Well, then sure."

"Arin Connor, I, Mark Azrael grant you access to Tír Na Anam."

"Yeah, thanks whatever."

"I, Mark-"

"Fine, thank you." I sighed and put the water back into the bucket. "C'mon, Tír Na Anam is a long way from now. The sewer isn't easy to find."

"We've been walking for ages...." Arin groaned, putting his head in his hands. "Well too bad Arin, get your butt off the road and get walking." Arin stood up and stretched his back. "Okay, let's go." Mark rubbed his hands together. "So, how does the entrance to Tír Na Anam work?"

"Find the sewer with the raven and jump in. Other times you find it by a bridge or subways and forests."

"Subways, bridges, and forests- Oh jeez seriously?" I stared at him in shock. He nodded looking at the ground. "Easy access to the land of the dead."

"Oh, that's sad."

"It is, but what can we do? Mum never lets us out of her palace. I bet she doesn't even care."

"You can rebel, plus you're outside already."

"That's because I carried a message from my mother." Behind us, Arin was trying to get into our conversation. Must've felt like a third wheel at that point.

A/N

Hello, and a quick question, should I change the book cover or should I keep it the same? 🤔