Chapter 36 - I Do

**** 6 Months Later *****

Emma stood looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her makeup was professionally done but it was in neutral colors that looked natural and beautiful. She had highlighted her brown hair lightly for the wedding and wore it down with waves and a ring of flowers around her head. The most noticeable thing about her was her large belly. She was 6 months pregnant. 

They had already booked the venue and started making wedding plans when they found out and decided not to postpone. She was alright with being a pregnant bride and Axel had told her she looked more beautiful than ever carrying his baby so he thought it would be sweet to get married liked that. 

They had decided to have a small ceremony since neither of them had family to attend besides his Uncle. She had invited her Dad and brother out of courtesy but she fully expected them not to show up unless it was to ask for money or to embarrass her. 

Her two bridesmaids came into the room and Imani gasped. 

"Girl! You look stunning!" she said. Then she started fanning her eyes as they teared up. 

Stella came in behind her and her mouth dropped open and she covered it with her hand in shock. 

"You're so beautiful Em," she said, walking over and hugging her the best she could around her large belly.  Imani hugged her from the other side.

"Thanks guys," she told them with a smile. "I'm so glad I have both of you with me for this." 

"Of course. We wouldn't miss it," Imani told her. 

"So are you going to finally tell us if it's a girl or a boy?" Stella asked.

"No. We're not finding out either. We want it to be a surprise."

"Fine. I guess I'll have to wait. I still can't believe you're marrying Axel Hart and having his baby. The universe works in mysterious ways," Stella said, shaking her head and laughing. "I so wish that high school you could see you now. She'd probably be furious with you. I mean who the hell marries their high school bully?" 

Emma laughed and said, "No. High school me would be impressed. She'd be giving me a high five. You seem to forget high school me was obsessed with Axel even though we made each other's lives miserable." 

Stella laughed and said, "Yeah you're right."

"Actually," Emma said with a teasing smile. "Come to think of it, I found out a little something about Miss high school Stella that I've never asked you about?" 

"What?" she asked. "By the tone of your voice I'm scared to know."

"Do you remember the night you got drunk at a party and started taking your clothes off and threw yourself at Axel?" 

"Ugh!" Stella groaned, burying her face in her hands. She lifted her head and whined, "I was really hoping he forgot about that or would be nice enough to never tell you. I'm going to go die of embarrassment now," she laughed. 

"What?! You did that?" Imani asked, laughing. 

"Yes, but in my defense I was REALLY drunk and not thinking clearly and he just happened to be there. I didn't even have a thing for him. I hated him actually," she laughed, "but I had just gotten rejected by my crush and I was feeling lonely and sorry for myself and wanted some male companionship to make me feel better."  

"It's okay Stella. I won't hold it against you," Emma smiled. "Just don't do it now or the claws are gonna come out." 

Stella laughed, and said, "Oh don't worry, I won't. There's no way I would ever want to break up Axemma."