012

×~Undisturbed~×

It had been a quiet evening for everyone. The police station was eerily silent aside from footsteps here and there and an occasional heavy sob from a mourning woman; most likely Judith, who had taken it harder than anyone and had yet to overcome her grief.

"What do you want for lunch?" Cathy asked Logan, stepping into their shared cell. She held a plate of cold Chef Doyardee spaghetti. It had fake parmesan cheese on it. "They got this stuff but that's about it. Unless you want a plain cheese and turkey sandwich, they have those."

Logan leaned away from her pillow long enough to glance at Cathy's plate. "I'll take what you're having," she said indecisively. "But how good are those sandwiches?"

"They're meh." She set her plate down on the small desk at the end of her cot. "The turkey is kind of old and the cheese is wet."

Logan coughed. "Yeah I'll take the spaghetti. Have you heard any news?"

"They won't be getting new sandwiches for a few days, their stores are low all over the place for that shit." Cathy said.

"That's not what I meant."

She looked confused for a moment before it clicked. "Oh, yeah, hold on. I'll tell you after I grab you food." She rushed out the door. A few minutes of unbearable silence later, she returned with Logan's own plate of cold food.

Cathy pressed against the door and kept glancing out the small window. "They found two bodies since we've been in here. One of a grocer kid and a delivery man. Both were found near, get this, your old place." Cathy knew where Logan had previously lived. She had shown her on a laminated map of Haddonfield her dad used to keep. Of course, it was old and outdated now, but it still worked to show where they were; the roads didn't change much.

Logan looked up from her food. "What? Why is he staying at my house?" She said to no one in particular. It had been a long time since they had spoken and Logan had never told him where she lived.

"You wanna go find him?" Cathy said casually, crawling into her cot and crossing her legs. She began to eat her cold spaghetti. Logan looked up at her with narrowed eyes.

"Of course not. You heard Loomis." She bit the inside of her cheek and stared at the floor. He's right. I should be staying where I am. But if we just... Ended this all... Logan glanced at her friend who was already half way done. Then I can go home and live the rest of my life...

Cathy observed her friend with a sly grin. After a pregnant moment, Logan shot up from the bed. "Alright, fine."

"Hell yeah!" Cathy jumped up, tossing her plate to the side. "I'll go tell Loomis that the sandwiches are starting to mold, that should keep him busy for a minute or two."

Logan took a deep breath as Cathy fled from the room. "Are we really about to do this?" She asked herself as she, too, fled the room. Her first goal was to recollect her car keys, which were in Sheriff Dixon's office. She sped along the carpeted hallways until she reached what used to be her father's workroom.

She knocked on the open door. "Hey, I heard Loomis grumbling about spray paint all over your squad car. He asked me to tell you."

The balding man looked up from his work and narrowed his eyes. "That's the third time this week. I might just stop having it repainted." He stood up from his desk. "Tell Loomis thanks for letting me know." He wandered away and Logan wasted no time rushing towards his desk. She rummaged through the drawers. And soon enough, she caught sight of the pink rope keychain Cathy had gotten her a few years back for her birthday, as well as taking her on a trip to a rich steakhouse.