The Famoux

The Famoux

The author is famouxx

"The murmurs of Bree Arch's name echo around the hallway between classes. The underpaid teachers with bags under their eyes have to grumbly scold everybody for not paying attention to their lectures, because they, like most of the older people in Eldae, pretend they don't have an interest for the Famoux, and have likely ignored all headlines regarding them. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even aware someone was murdered.

Some of the kids around me try to explain it to them, but they don't understand it like we do. They didn't have anything like the Famoux when they were growing up. In fact, they grew up in an Eldae that allowed children to be born looking different from the others of their age––an Eldae now thought of as ancient.

Every age group in the past thirty years has had a designated appearance, and no one in Eldae has ever exactly questioned it. Our country––one of the larger, more populous of Delicatum––has always been known for being a little off, and this freak generation mutation is nothing out of the ordinary. Everyone thinks and acts like their parents, making physical description the only thing that differs adults from their offsprings. And after three decades of this, without fail, it's become completely normal.

And then there's me. And a few others, somewhere out there. At least, my mother always told me there were others. I've never met any."