14

A/N: Firstly, I want to apologize for taking FOREVER. Secondly, I'm actually working on a story that is not a fanfiction, and was hoping some could let me know if that would be interesting? It circles the topic about family and the struggles with fitting in and being the 'black sheep'. Also, I have been busy stressing about my school schedule; I got accepted into a pre-college program! So, I hope you bear with me as I might take a little longer to post chapters. Have a wonderful time reading, my lovlies! ^.^

James's Point Of View

"What? I thought you lived at the dorm?"

He shrugged. "I do, but that's still my address, and I live there when I'm not working."

I smiled, and he immediately caught on to my thinking.

"I have my siblings here. We can't leave them."

I groaned, pouting as I dumped my weight onto him.

"But Stefannnnnnnnn!"

He rolled his eyes at me, before he lifted me up and took me off his lap, setting me on the couch next to him.

"Stefan--"

He shushed me, leaning forward, as if he was listening to something.

I listened too, and that's when he got up, the sound now noticeable.

It was the sound of crying.

We both moved to the guest room, where his brother and sister were on one bed, hugging their sister as she cried.

They both looked at us, before the brother gave Stefan a 'please help me' face.

"She called the damn kid. Imma kill him."

Stefan sighed, crouching in front of the sister and looking up at Her.

"Faith, look at me, please."

The girl-- Faith-- shook here head, turning her head to look the opposite way of his face. Stefan placed a hand on her knee, his face turning concerned.

"Alright, fine. Don't look at me. But you gotta tell me what happened."

She turned her head, her eyes wandering over to me as she moved visibly closer to the brother.

The brother looked at me, and then at Stefan, who glanced at me as well.

Why was everyone looking at me all of a sudden? I haven't the slightest idea as to why, except maybe because they hadn't met me yet. It didn't stop it from being uncomfortable, though.

"James, this is Faith and Cain. Faith and Cain, this is James."

Cain furrowed his eyebrows a bit, before his mouth fell open. Had Stefan told him about me? I didn't know, but his expression made me shuffle on my feet, looking down at the floor.

"Oh, dude, that's just so fucking messed up."

Stefan rolled his eyes. "No it's not. I'll explain later. Now let's get back to the crying sister, shall we? Faith. What happened on the phone call?"

Messed up? What's messed up? What does Stefan have to explain? I'll have to ask later and pry the answer out of him.

Faith looked at her lap.

"He was just upset about Cain beating him up. It's fine. Really, JJ."

Stefan sighed for about the millionth time, and nodded, standing up and bending over to kiss her forehead.

"Okay. Do you need anything? A change of clothes and a shower, maybe?"

Faith nodded, and in a second, Stefan left the room and came back with Nat, who was holding some clothes for Faith to use.