45

The next day, I was still processing the events of last night so I simply sat on Hana's bed trying to distract myself with TikToks. A while into it, a text from Chan suddenly popped up.

Chan:
hey ara
how are u feeling

You:
hi chan
idk def not my best
he still hasn't apologized

Chan:
jeez im so sorry abt that
jisung's just been rly off lately
he hasn't been talking to us either

You:
oh ok

Chan:
listen
i know wtvr happened between
u guys made both of u upset
and angry
but
what u guys have is rly special
jisung hasn't been this happy in a while
u guys can't just throw it away over
one argument

You:
i understand that chan
but i made sure to explain to him my side
of the story
and he still refused to believe and trust me
what more am i supposed to do?
be with someone who doesn't trust me??

Chan:
i know ara, ur right
u did ur part
it's just jisung being a dick
but i also know that jisung cares
way too much abt u to just
do nothing

You:
i want nothing more than for u
to be right chan

Chan:
me too ara
hey i'll try to talk to him ok
see why he's being like this
he prolly needs some time to process
but i'm not willing to see ur relationship
end over this

You:
thank u so much chan
it means a lot

Chan:
ofc ara :)
lmk if u need anything else
i'll be there

You:
oh also
i didn't renew the contract
so i won't be living with him anymore

Chan:
oh
i know u did what's best for u
so did u see him?

You:
yeah
he was def off
didn't say much to me tho

Chan:
ah okay
well don't stress too much abt this ok?
it'll be okay in the end
i promise

You:
thank u so much chan

Chan:
np ara
text me if u ever need to talk or vent

You:
i will, ttyl :)

I leaned my head back, sighing.  This must be a good thing.  Chan will talk to Jisung and see why he's acting like this.

***

"There are no good apartments at a reasonable price!" I groaned, wanting to chuck my laptop out of a window.

"It's okay Ara, keep looking.  You can stay with us for as long as you like," Felix smiled, trying to encourage me.

"Felix let's face it," I turned to him. "I've been living with you guys for a week and we have like zero personal space.  Your place was designed to only house two people, not three."

"Hey, we're making it work!" Felix said confidently, even though we all knew that our living situation would have to change soon.

"Maybe I'll just go back to my parents' home..." I trailed off, really not wanting to entertain that option unless absolutely necessary.

"No, absolutely not!" Felix stated, no room for discussion.  "You've lived with them for way too long, you stay put right here if you need to, but you're not going back there."

"Fine," I grumbled, closing my laptop in defeat.  "This is hopeless. He still hasn't said anything either."

"Didn't Chan say he'd talk to Jisung?" Felix asked.

"Yeah but even Chan never texted me back on that," I grumbled.  The more days I went without recieving a text from Jisung, the more hopeless I became.  The past two weeks without him have quite literally been hell for me.  I was constantly on the verge of tears and over thought everything.

"I don't know how long I can wait, Felix," I sighed, curling up into a ball.  "I don't know how long I can handle this weird gray area we're in."

"Do you want Hana and I to talk to him?" Felix asked gently, placing a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.  "We can ask why he hasn't said anything to you yet."

"I don't know," I replied quietly, gazing out the window.  "Maybe give it a few more days."

"Ara, you've been like this for weeks now." Felix said sternly.  "Whether you guys get back together or not doesn't matter.  You need to at least talk to each other to reach some time of conclusion.  Waiting around like this will only make you feel worse."

"I know, I know," I agreed.  "But I thought I knew Jisung.  I thought I knew the person he was and how caring he was towards me.  And I still think I do.  Knowing him, Jisung would text me, sooner or later."

"But what if he's not the person you know?" Felix whispered, his breath shaky.  "What if he's a different person or what if he changed?"

"God, I don't want that to be true Felix," I shook my head, afraid of the possibilty.

"I know Ara, me neither.  But you're my best friend.  I need to look out for you," Felix explained softly, giving my shoulder a small squeeze.

"I understand Felix, thank you," I sighed, relaxing a little.  It dawned on me now that being stuck in this weird state of kind of dating but also kind of not dating did no one any good.  If Jisung wasn't going to say anything, I realized that I needed to be the bigger person and talk to him, despite telling Jisung that I would do so only after an apology.

"I'm gonna text him," I breathed, getting off of the bed to grab my phone.  "I'm done being in this state of anxiety and questioning."

"Good for you Ara," Felix beamed as he followed me to the kitchen, where my phone was lying.

When I picked it up, my phone was lit with a notification.

New text message from:
Jisung
1 hr ago

"Oh," I said bluntly.  Looks like I don't need to text first after all.

"Oh," Felix repeated after looking at my phone screen too.  "Well, I'll leave you to it then."