《7》

Here kick starts the wedding festivities combining two families, two souls into one.
_________________________

Happy Reading!!!

Excuse my mistakes!!!

The wedding rituals start from here. And the mentioned ritual will happen at both Bride and Groom's homes. If I mention at one place, the same will happen at the other place too. And I gave the rituals as much as I can and gathered from my sources which is my Mother.

It's two days before the wedding. Everyone reached the village both the bride and groom's families and the close relatives too.

Bride's Place :

It's 4 in the morning

"Amma, deeni pelliki nenu enduku Amma intha thwaraga levali!" Kaushik whined liked a child.

(Why should I get up early for her marriage!)

"Shh ni Chelli pelli, nv kakunda inka evaru chestaru mari?" Parvathi shooed him though he made faces.

(Shh it's your sister's marriage, who will do the works instead of you?)

"Sare, em cheyyali cheppu!" Kaushik agreed and Parvathi giggled.

(Okay, tell me what should I do.)

"Velli Chandram Mavayya ki help chey. Oori chivara unna kobbari thota ki velladu, nuvvu velli help chey." Kaushik was confused with that piece of information.

(Go and help your Chandra Uncle, he's in the coconut farm, go and help him.)

"Mavayya enduku akkadiki vellaru ippudu?" Kaushik asked Lakshmi.

(Uncle went to farm? Why?)

"Pandiri Rata kosam, Mena Mama velli thevali adi. Ni pelliki kuda Mavayye thestadu." Lakshmi said and he wasn't interested to know further.

(It's for the canopy, the bride's uncle should bring them. Even for your marriage, he will bring.)

"Sare, velta." He left with a grumpy face while the other youngsters woke up in the same situation like him.

(Okay, I'll go.)

"Ila aithe nenu pelli chesukonu asalu." Mythri blurted out. And Shashi giggled.

(If it's like this then I won't get married.)

"Annayya ki chepta undu," She blackmailed Mythri, for which Mythri immediately made a puppy face to get saved for his rage.

(Wait my brother will hear about this.)

"Darling, nenu ni best friend kada ila cheyyakudadhu." Mythri cooed her bf.

(Darling, I'm your bestfriend right. You shouldn't do like this.)

"Hehe"

"Aapandi mi sodugu." Lakshmi chided them.

(Stop your whispers.)

"Vellandi, velli snanalu cheyyandi. Panthulu gaaru vachestaru."

(Go and have a bath, the Pandit will come.)

All nodded having no other option. Soon everyone got ready by 5:30. The canopy (pandiri rata) too fixed.

Pandiri Rata :

Previously wedding used to take place at the home itself, so the Pandiri (Mandap) used to be at home. Pandiri (Canopy or Mandap) is arranged with green leaves and long 4 stems out of which one is the main one and Pooja will be done (This one will be bought by the Brother of Bride's or Groom's Mother or anyone with Phupha or Mama relation.)