《42》

Safety or Smile?
_____________________

Happy Reading!!!

Excuse My Mistakes!!!

Kaushik and Shashi had a mini staring game till she shifted her gaze to the food to make a yuck face. He had to hold his almost came out giggle and convert it into a fake cough.

"No naaku vaddu idi" She once again make a face and he slapped her arm playfully.

(No I don't want it.)

"Vaddu ante kudaradu musukuni thinu." He said forwarding her plate and having his own.

(It won't work so shut up and eat.)

"Nenu ante choice leka idi thintunna mari nuvvu enduku ide thintunnav?" She asked him as he too was eating the same healthy edible food like hers.

(I don't have any choice so I'm eating this but why are eating same food like mine?)

"Neeku company iddham ani" He said eating his food. She rolled her eyes with his reply but had to eat the food to fill her growling tummy.

(To give you company.)

Both completed their food and he wiped her mouth as she ate like a child. Why? Because sick Shashi is worst than a child. And this made him more worry for her about her life with Vaishnav. He don't want her life in danger but at the same time can't separate her from her love.

"Vaadi gurinchi antha thelse pelliki oppukunnava?" He asked her not beating around the bush. He is straightforward never hesitates to ask anything clear. Shashi looked at him to found him already staring at her.

(You married him after knowing all about him?)

"Yes, bava pelli chesukune mundu naaku mottham cheppadu." She said looking at him. He smiled which didn't go well with her heart and mind.

(Yes, he told me everything and he married me.)

"Ante vaadi profession gurinchi thelse pelli chesukunnava?" She nodded in yes with an imaginary smile and dream. He jerked her and she frowned at him for disturbing her imaginary dream.

(You married him even knowing his profession?)

"Vaadu naaku cheppaledu ante ok protocol and all untay, kaani nuvvu enduku cheppaledu?" She was confused with his words. He was looking at the moon through the window while she's confused.

(He didn't tell me okay he have his protocols and all but you! Even you didn't tell me!)

"Ardam kaaleda?" She shook her head in no. He turned facing her.

(Didn't understand?)

"Neeku Vaishnav ante eppatinunchi ishtam?" She chocked listening to his question. She hide it from the family because she wanted to tell Vaishnav first but that idiot was too busy to notice her feelings. She gulped looking at his face which was void of any expression and emotion.

(Since when you like Vaishnav?)

"Chinnappati nunchi" She said in a low whisper that was audible only for him. A faint smile made its way on his lips which he didn't show.

(From childhood.)

"Naakenduku cheppaledu?" He asked and she felt as if he's interrogating her for any crime.

(Why didn't you tell me?)

"Mundu bava ki cheppake chepdam anukunna kaani bava mathram eppudu cheppe chance ivvaledu" She cursed Vaishnav for leaving her in this situation.