Y/n

As Y/n navigated through the mansion she could hear the soft whispers and laughter of the other demons within the rooms. It had been almost three days since her encounter with Douma, and she would prefer to keep it like that. The less amount of interaction with him the better. She knew he was trouble, after all he was the reason why Y/n was the way she was, a demon.

The mansion was easily laid out, most of the bedrooms laid on the second and third floors, it was impossible to tell how many demons lived in the mansion at any given moment. It was fluid, demons coming in one night and leaving the next. But Y/n's stay there was permanent. It was far enough from towns and villages to prevent humans coming near, yet close enough to them to keep them safe and protected.

Y/n had changed quite a bit from when she was human, or at least completely human. Being referred to as a demon had always made her stomach turn in a less than unpleasant way, so in her mind she was known as 'slightly less human' or 'human with a few extra steps'. Appearance wise her hair as a demon is long, much longer than she ever had as a human. Y/n's ears were slightly upturned, making them look pointy, her eye color was the same as human, just slightly more....dead...one could say. Her human clothes were all torn up by the time she was conscious again. She wasn't sure whose blood was covered all over her human clothes, but to Y/n, she prefers to think it's someone else's. She now wears a formfitting dress with flowy bell sleeves decorated in light blues and greys. It wasn't exactly her style but she truly had no other option.

It was around 10 in the morning as she turned the corner to walk down the stairs of the mansion. She kept her head down. The less demons she saw, and the less that recognized her the better. Y/n didn't mean to become a demon. She never asked, or begged to become one. Her situation was truly one in a million. She doesn't know how long it's been since she was last human. Y/n doesn't care about her age anymore, she would be alive for many, many more years to come.

"My sweet dear do you please mind looking up and watching where you're walking. Come on. Come say hello to whoever is still awake at this hour."

Douma. His voice was so annoying to Y/n's ears. She let out a small chuckle when he said 'still awake at this hour' because for humans, this was a totally normal time to be awake. But for demons, it was extremely late. Not all demons choose to sleep, some get as much energy as they need from humans. For Y/n, she spends a lot of time sleeping. It doesn't solve all of her problems but it gives her enough strength to navigate and to fight off anyone of anything if necessary.

"Sure."

In all honesty this was the last thing Y/n wanted to do. She had tons of thinking to do. Those humans. The two she ran into the other day. She didn't know why she wanted to save them back in the village. She doesn't know why she felt something in her stomach as she watched as the female human fight off the demons that went to the village that night. Every few weeks Douma invites a group of 6 or so demons to an exclusive dinner, where they all share 'food' and 'drinks' as they catch up and share ideas and plans. For some reason Y/n is invited every single time. She hates it. She sits in silence staring off into the distance. Last time, they discussed demons hiding in plain sight. Demons living amongst humans, taking night shifts to work and survive and hide out in their homes during the day. That night two other demons were informed on the mission and Douma let a member of the exclusive join them. Y/n had no reason to be there at the village that night. Yet she was there. Call it fate if you will.

Douma took her hand and together they walked through the door, he was much taller than she remembered, then again Y/n doesn't tend to interact with the other demons. Y/n looked up, taking in everything in the room. It was dimly lit, with only about 10 or so demons in it, and not all of them were awake. Only about 8 were awake and talking. Looking around, she only recognized one other demon other than Douma. Y/n knew her from one of the exclusive meetings, she was at one and then never again. Honestly Y/n was more surprised that she was kicked out of the exclusives and then lived to tell the story. Douma made his way to the back of the room where a small table sat, only two chairs. Douma pulled one out and sent a smile to Y/n. She understood. She walked over and took a seat, she nodded to him out of gratitude.

"I see you're finally starting to talk, and maybe even accept yourself. Any questions?"

The real reason Douma had pulled her into the room. For business. Y/n gently set her hands in her lap and looked up. "Actually yes." Douma smirked and set his hand out onto the table, offering it to Y/n. "Well please do ask my little lady, welcome to the club." Y/n adjusted herself and rolled her shoulders back, gently refusing his hand, Douma laughed in response. "Too soon?" he joked, Y/n glanced around the room real quick. Douma was talking louder than she wished for the amount of people in the room. Douma raised his eyebrows and met her gaze, "Do you want me to be a tad quieter?" Y/n jumped at his voice, he read her body language and read it well. Others might have taken it as anxiety or nervousness. When reality Y/n was calm, she wasn't scared. Douma wouldn't kill her, not after he took all the trouble to turn her.

"Alrighty then, go ahead my dear."