Chapter 28: Avalon

It's only been a week. A week of being here with Asher. In his house. In his bed. And it was nothing like I had ever imagined. I saw a new side of him. A kind, gentle side of him. Someone who cares about people close to him, instead of being the rude, judgmental person he was when I first met him. He knows how to cook, and play guitar. His interest in what I'm reading intrigues him. Or at least I think it does. He's also not Josh. He's only darker. Colder. Something Josh never was.

Now here I'm watching Asher change. Watching as his muscles tighten with every movement. His back muscles move as he puts on his shirt. I seem almost in slow motion. I take in a sallow, his sight is definitely something I would like to see everyday.

"You watch any longer, you may turn into mush," Asher says with a laugh. Turning to meet my face, "you're like a puppy looking for a treat," he kisses my forehead.

"Maybe I am," I look at him with small puppy dog eyes. Watching the grin fall past his smile.

"God, you know I can't resist that," he breathes leaning in closer, gently placing his lips upon mine.

"Take me with you," I say, pulling away from his embrace. He looks at me with a conudes look on his face.

"What?"

"To the party take me with you."

"What about last time?" he asked.

"As long as you don't put anything in my drink, we should be fine," a smile at him, getting a smile back. Nothing should go wrong this time, right?

"Okay, let's do it," he smiles, bringing me close, taking in my lips. I had honestly thought it may have been more convincing, though Asher is more outgoing than Josh. Sure he is protective, and everything, but outgoing for sure.

"Let's get ready then," I say, pulling away from his lips.

***

After searching in the small amount I settled on a slightly dark brown crochet sweatshirt, with a black and gray plaid skirt that hung halfway down my thighs. A small leather belt runs loosely through the belt loops. Skin tight black pantyhose's took away the paleness of my legs while chunky black books were heavy on my feet, with the small silver accessories like bracelets and necklaces hung on my limbs. Almost reminding me of a small school girl, without the backpack.

My hair was slightly curled, some of it twisted into a small headband-like hair look, allowing some strays to complete the messy mop. My makeup is still my everyday look, nothing too different from my usual look. A lighter brown, that was almost closer to a white beige sparkled on my eyes, with next to none mascara. A light blush on my cheeks to add some sort of color to my face, as a covered the eye bags with a concealer. Finally adding a clear sort of close on my pale pink lips.

Standing back at the oddly new style that hangs on my body, staring at the small figure beneath it. Allowing me to see the confidence I have in my body, before realizing the small marks on my neck. Asher. In a small attempt, foundation, concealer, powders, whatever I could find was placed on them, making a sloppy mess. Nothing was working.

"You're not covering those up are you?" a small chuckle at the doorway to the bathroom. Asher stood wearing his black t-shirt and Black jeans, with his usual sneakers on his feet. His shirt hung tightly against his torso, just slightly showing off his tamed body beneath it.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked, looking at him through the mirror.

"This," he walks up behind me, wetting a cloth, wiping down the mess made on my neck. Once all was gone, he proceeded to kiss my neck, slowly, passionately, taking my breath away, his hand sliding up my skirt. "We could just stay home instead," he says against my neck instead.