Chapter 19 Fox

I couldn't believe my eyes when Stone stepped to the side and revealed my beautiful mate. I was so eager to be near her that I forgot all about my injuries and tried to move. She was at my side in an instant, the worry clear on her timid face. Her hand touched my arm and I felt all of my pain melt away.

"Marigold." I sighed her name, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me. She wrapped her tiny body against mine on the hospital bed and pressed her face into my neck. I knew right away that this wasn't the first time she had done this.

Suddenly, everything made sense. I was dying, that's what Stone was trying to tell me. I was dying and Marigold was the only one who could have saved me. I was so weak from our severed mate bond that my body couldn't heal after the attack. Marigold showed up and saved my life. She curled up in bed next to me just like she is now and used our bond to heal me.

I wrapped my arms around my little mate and pulled her trembling body even closer. I eyed Ferra and Stone, giving them a nod of appreciation. They smiled at me and took each other's hand before leaving the hospital room. I ran my hand through Marigold's hair,

"Baby girl, my sweet angel, look at me." I cooed, cupping her face in my hand. Marigold squirmed in my arms, shifting her weight so she could look me in the eyes. She had fresh tears streaming down her cheeks, her eyes bloodshot from so many long hours of crying.

"Don't cry anymore, it's okay now." I assured her, drying her face with my hand.

"I thought I was going to lose you." She whimpered and my heart shattered.

"You're never going to lose me, baby, I promise." I smiled softly,

"You saved me."

"I put you in danger in the first place." She argued, a stern pout on her puffy lips.

"No, you didn't. I shouldn't have gone out, I knew I was compromised." I shook my head quickly.

"You were compromised because of me, because I was selfish." Marigold sniffed.

"Listen to me, baby, you were not being selfish. There's not a selfish bone in your precious little body. You were scared and needed time to sort things out. None of it matters anymore, you're here now." I held her face in my hand and traced circles on her cheek with my thumb. She sighed at me, searching my face with her wide, green eyes, before laying her back down on my chest. I held her protectively in my arms, no longer feeling any pain or weakness.

After an hour or so of holding my mate, I knew I had to have the difficult conversation. I didn't want to talk about it, I didn't want to ask or make any kind of offer at all, but I knew I had to.

"Marigold," I sighed, pulling her from my chest. She perched herself on her elbows, blinking up at me,

"I have to say something."

"Yes?" She cocked her head to the side curiously and, I swear, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"I'm so grateful that you came here to save me," I began, swallowing hard and working up the courage to keep speaking,

"But, that doesn't change the fact that I still want you to have your freedom. I understand if this doesn't change anything for you, I understand if you want to go back to wherever you came from. I just ask that you have a little mercy on me and don't delay the inevitable." I begged her.

Sadness returned to Marigold's face as she listened to what I had to say. She reached out her hand and touched my face gently. I sighed and leaned into her hand, closing my eyes as I soaked in the feeling of her skin against mine.

"Finn," She said my name and time stood still,

"Finn, look at me." She demanded. I opened my eyes and stared into hers.

"I, Marigold, Princess of the Fae, accept you, Alpha Finn Oxford of Silver Moon, as my mate, and I'm not going anywhere." She grinned and the silence shattered around us. I grabbed her face and pulled her towards me, crushing my lips to hers.

"I, Alpha Finn Oxford of Silver Moon, accept you, Marigold, Princess of the Fae, as my mate now and for forever." I whispered to her when I released our kiss.

"I love you so much, Marigold."

"I love you, too." Marigold replied softly, rubbing her nose gently against mine, our faces still only inches from each other.