** SIXTEEN **

Double treats!!! Dedicated to all my wonderful and awesome readers. Thanks for all the time

"Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum." -
Rick Riordan

       ******      

               CHINECHEREM STOOD UP      from the seat she had sat on for long hour. Her body felt stiffed and her leg was swollen than usual. She groaned quietly and stretched her arms and legs and also. massage her nape and shoulders. Then she took a look at the table clock on the reading table.

It was past eleven at night. She had spent longer than usual in the room. And that was because of one thing.

Actually because of one person.

Her awesome twin. Note the sarcasm.

Weekend was no different from weekday in the Okoye house. Her father wasn't home to spend time with the family. Her mother was either out to parties with her friends or clubbing with the rich women association she recently formed or golfing with her brothers.

Sometimes, she will ask her two daughters to come with her like earlier that day. But Chinecherem had learned to reject the offer because just like always, all the attention was always on Chimzaram.

Her mother will proudly introduce only her to her cliques, talk about her achievements at school and other things concerning only Chimzaram  leaving her in the shadow. She was only going to be with them just to fulfill all righteousness but not because they wanted to take her along. And Chimzaram always make it known with her pettiness.

So she had learned the hard way not to accept the offer.

Moreover, rejecting the offer by making excuses was something they took delight and pleasure in.

So she always make up excuse not to go with them. She rather sit with the maids in the kitchen and listen to them converse about random stuffs and watch them do their things around the house.

As it was the last Saturday of the month, the workers were busy with house cleaning so she couldn't sit with them when she left her sister in their room where she had to listen to her talk about her crush and how the chemistry between them seems to be improving almost all day. She even had to listen to her conversation with Jewel where she told her all about it.

It wouldn't have mean much and she would have been happy for her if they didn't happen to have the same crush.

Miserable, isn't she?

And as if that wasn't enough for her sweet twin, she had to make jest of her about going to a party the following day that was hosted by one of the popular boy in school. And she wasn't invited. The party was by invitation only.

She and Chimzaram were sisters, twins sister but somehow she was still invincible to other students of the school. And Chimzaram was only making things worst.

Leaving the room was the only thing she could do to distract herself from her sister and her pettiness. And the library seems to be the best option. In there, she won't be envious of her sister and she could keep her sanity.

So she had hid herself in the library, reading since that was what she was best at doing.

Reading.

Being the serious and genius twin.

So she rather stick with it.

Neche heaved an heavy sigh and she closed the textbook she was reading. Then returned it to its original position. She came out of the room, walked quietly along the hallway not to alert anyone since it was already late. She suddenly stopped when she saw her mother from the doorway that connected the hallway with the living room.