Epilogue~Move On...

Time skip (one month later)
'My fingers grazed over the engraved letters, re-spelling each one: Prince Eugene of Arcania.

Thick and gloomy, the fog surrounding the cemetery whispered most excruciating words, adding to my pain... Adelaide I hate you.

The sentence of detest seemed as though it had been freshly said. Each day I tried to replace these untrue words and thoughts with the less tormenting life I had but they always found a way back to me... "

I am sorry for your loss... please note down the time of death, 18:30."

Each day I would come back here to pour my grief out onto his grave... he couldn't die like this... he couldn't leave my like this...

just because he thought he wouldn't be able to win over my forgiveness... It wasn't true... Eugene come back, I pounded my fist onto the rock hard material of the grave, Eugene don't leave me...'

"Eugene~"

"Adelaide?"

"Eugene?"

"Earth to Adelaide, it's Charlotte, wakey wakey~" Charlotte mocked as she watched her sister toss and turn in her sleep, "don't tell me you're still having those dreams..."

Adelaide sat up quickly, squinting her eyes at the sudden brightness of light. "Huh?"

"I said don't tell me you're having those dreams... you are literally in Noxborne right now and everything turned out fine." Charlotte explained to the sleepy Adelaide.

"-And that's the problem Charli, it's because I'm in Noxborne that I'm having these terrible nightmares... it never happens in Arcania." she said frowning in her sleepy state, "why did you come here and wake me up anyways?"

"Adelaide! Are you seriously asking me that?! It's your coronation miss soon to be Queen of Arcania!"
Adelaide jolted to her feet upon hearing those words.

"Aah yes! I totally forgot- umm ok-ok, let me go get ready!" Adelaide nodded to herself in determination as she disappeared into her closet leaving Charlotte to giggle at her childishness.

~

"How do I look?" Adelaide twirled, showing off her turquoise gown that she sew herself during the war.