The New Guy

After hearing the workers enter, Ichigo was quick to leave. He couldn't risk being seen with her quiet yet, not until he knew it was safe. So, after a quick hug goodbye and promising to meet up again, he left out the closest exit he could find. Luckily, the intruders hadn't been anyone important, but it still took a few seconds for his tensed muscles to relax again. Now to get back to Hayami. He took off across the roof tops, heading for the bakery. He couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she walks in to find him waiting for her. But to his surprise, and slight disappointment, she was already there when he arrived. Strange, how did she get there before him? Maybe she took the subway. He figured, before going to knock on her balcony window.

"Ichigo! What are you doing here so late?"

She asked, despite the fact that she let him in.

"It's been almost ten years, Hayami. I wasn't just going to leave after five seconds. I've missed you."

She chuckled.

"I guess that's fair. I've missed you too."

"So, this is where you live now, hmm?"

He commented, taking a good look around the incredibly pink room.

"Yeah, it took some getting used to."

"I'll bet."

He laughed.

"What was it like? How was school? What kind of things have you been up to? How many friends have you made? Tell me everything."

They spent most of the night, talking about the things Marinette had done over the years, working closely with Jagged Stone, Clara Nightingale, Audrey Bourgeois, and Gabriel Agreste, to name but a few. Ichigo was more than impressed.

"Wow! My little sis. So, are there any guys in your life I should be aware of?"

The bright red blush that dusted her cheeks was all the confirmation he needed.

"Come on. Who is he? You can tell me. I promise I'll go easy on him."

Her blush grew deeper. That was when he saw the box of pictures on the floor of her closet.

"What's that?"

He got up to look at them against Marinette's protest and found none other than the Adrien Agreste.

"The Agreste boy, as in the model? Really?"

Marinette looked at the ground and sheepishly nodded.

"I've had the biggest crush on him since my second day of sophomore year. It was so bad that I couldn't even talk in front of him for the longest time without practically foaming at the mouth. It's gotten better as of late, though."

Ichigo nodded slowly.

"I bet he gets that a lot. But I have to ask, you're not into him because he's a..."

"Oh no, it's not anything like that. I could care less. I like everything else about him. He's kind, sweet, handsome, yes, but also chivalrous, and although he doesn't show it much, playful and witty. That's the side I like."

Ichigo sat back with surprise. When did his little sister become so intuitive? He was glad she had shared with him, but he should have known all of this stuff already. He should have been there.

"Alright, so you and the Agreste boy, how long have you been together?"

He couldn't change the past, but that didn't mean he couldn't still be her brother again.

"Umm, actually..."

Marinette mumbled.

"He still doesn't know."