Recover (E)

POV Emma

Ugh. Kill me now. Why does she have to come out like that? Lace underwear and a T-shirt. Is she kidding me? To be fair, it is her home and I didn't come out of my room for almost a week. Maybe she didn't expect me to be here. She looked surprised and hot. I just can't. Why can't I just get over it?

I stared. Obviously. She must think I'm a perv or something , if she didn't already. I need to thank her for everything she does. Just as I try to, she walks away into her room. I can't follow her. This is her house. It would creep her the fuck out.

I head over to the living room. In the corner a guitar is displayed. I take it and want to jam a bit. I'm no Ed Sheeran but I can play. I'm not really comfy on the couch so I head over to this designer lounge chair sitting in front of a big ass window. Sitting here give you this amazing view. I start playing an acoustic version of "leave a light on" by Tom Walker. This song helped me, just like so much other songs. But this one is special because we played it on my mother funereal.

I start singing as well

"The second someone mentioned you were all alone. I could feel the trouble coursing through your veins .Now I know, it's got a hold. Just a phone call left unanswered had me sparking up .These cigarettes won't stop me wondering where you are . Don't let go, keep a hold. If you look into the distance, there's a house upon the hill. Guiding like a lighthouse. It's a place where you'll be safe to feel our grace. 'Cause we've all made mistakes. If you've lost your way. I will leave the light on"

I can feel the emotions coming up, my eyes start to water. Memories are shooting through my mind. By the second verse I am crying making me close my eyes, my singing is filled with pain and every word that comes out sounds even more loaded. I let my fingers strum the strings and lose myself in the acoustic sounds as I go over into the next song. Nickleback's classics are printed in my head.

"Never made it as a wise man. I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealin'. Tired of livin' like a blind man. I'm sick inside without a sense of feelin. And this is how you remind me . This is how you remind me . Of what I really am . This is how you remind me . Of what I really am. It's not like you to say sorry. I was waiting on a different story . This time I'm mistaken . For handing you a heart worth breakin'. I've been wrong, I've been down . To the bottom of every bottle. Despite words in my head.Scream "Are we having fun yet?". Yet?, Yet?, Yet?, no no"

When the song is over I open my eyes and look up through the window. I fright a bit when I notice Natashas reflection. She puts her hand on my shoulder. I get up, put the guitar down and wipe my tears as fast as I can. I don't want her to see me like this.

"How long have you been standing here?"

"Long enough"

"How long?"

"Right when you started to play... the first song"

I look down at my feet, I don't want her to know. Nobody should know. This was one of my best kept secrets. Ugh.

"I didn't know you could play...and sing..." she says surprised.

I lift my shoulders not saying a word. I don't want to talk about this, not with her. I try to walk past her but she comes closer to me and stops me by wrapping one arm around my belly. Fuck she's strong.

"It was beautiful, it got to me" I look away, I can't face her. "It sounded so genuine and sincere... Is this... Is this how you're feeling right now?" I keep looking outside.

"Please look at me, please talk to me" she almost begs me. I look up and can see her eyes are watery as well. I shake my head

"not now, not yet" I whisper. She lowers her arm, clearly disappointed. I walk off and get into my room. I put my face into my pillow and scream before turning on my back and closing my eyes.