Chapter 22

I woke up the next day without Lorenzo by my side. I blushed at the thought of last night, I didn't expect it to happen. 

Lorenzo then come out of the bathroom "Good Morning my princess." He says as he walk towards the bed where I am laying. "Good Morning my prince." I replied and he kisses my lips with a smile. 

"You're happy today? Something up." I teased him.

"Well I got a mind blowing blow job last night." He said with a smirk. 

The teasing backfired. 

"By who?" I continued as you don't learn from one insult. 

"A hot, sexy, beautiful, lady" He said and we both burst out laughing. 

"This as cringe." I said. "I know I was hoping you would stop." He said as we both laughed. 

I was about to get up when I realised I was naked under the blanket. So I stayed in bed. 

"There's nothing I haven't already seen." Lorenzo teased. 

"Stop." I said as I ran into the bathroom with the blanket wrapped around me. I heard him chuckle from the other side. 

I don't think I've ever been this happy. He makes me happy. I try not to blush and freshen up. I come out in a bath robe. 

"Lorenzo." I called him as he was reading a file and he hummed in response. 

"Are we going anywhere today or doing anything?" I asked. 

"I mean there's a lot we could do in this room." he said. "Stop teasing." I said with a pout. 

"I need to know what to wear, so are we going anywhere." I continued. 

"Wear black" he simply says and I don't question it. 

I go change into black long sleeve crop top with black cargo pants, high waisted. I start concealing the hickeys from last night and Lorenzo seems to notice. 

"Are you covering my love bites?" He asked getting up. 

"I don't want the whole world to know." I say as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind and rests his head on my shoulder as we both look at each other through the mirror. 

"I do." He said making me giggle but he seemed serious. So I turned around and gave him a passionate kiss and he wraps his arms around my waist. 

We both pull away once out of breath. 

"Did you just try to brainwash me with a kiss?" He asked trying to hide his smirk. 

"Maybe." I said innocently. 

Our moment was ruined by his phone ringing making him groan. 

He picks his phone up and listens to the other person speaking. He has a smile on his face, making me curious. "Good." He said and hangs up.

"Who was it? You seem happy." I asked curious. 

"Dante De Luca is getting questioned by the other mafi- ...by the other businessmen about him killing his second wife and almost exposing our-, our business." He said. 

"This could mean that he could be kicked out of the...the partnership and it will be easier for us to get to him If he doesn't have much power." He continued. 

"So we are a step closer to revenge?" I asked and Lorenzo nodded. 

I hugged him in excitement as he hugged me back. 

_____________

Time Skip 

I went into Lorenzo's office since I was bored. 

"Lorenzo, I'm bored" I nagged. 

"I know, butterfly, give me 1 hour and we'll do something." He said. 

His nicknames for me always send shivers in me. 

"What do I do for an hour?" I asked. 

"Explore the mansion." He suggested and I agreed. I might as well see what this place has. 

I started walking around the mansion most of the top floor were rooms and a gym. The bottom floor had a pool, and an office. I was checking the rest of the bottom floor when I found a library. 

"OMG." I jumped in joy. 

I started exploring the library since it was so big.

I know Lorenzo can see me in the cameras since I see some of the red lights everywhere. So I decided to wave. 

The book "Lord of the Rings" caught my eye since I loved the movie. I went to grab it and the shelf open for some reason. I was confused but then a saw a hidden room behind. 

I entered and saw a bunch of guns and a big meeting table. Why did Lorenzo have this? 

Before I could take a step forward I heard Lorenzo shout my name. He grabbed my arm. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked looking angry. 

"A better question would be why is this here?" I questioned making Lorenzo sigh. 

"Ok let m-" I cut him off. "I don't want your made up story, I want the truth." I said getting frustrated. 

I knew Lorenzo has a made up story for everything. 

He holds my hand bringing us to a couch to sit on. We sit down and my hands are in his. He thinks for a while. 

"Stop thinking and just tell me." I said. 

"You won't leave will you?" He asked and I could see the worry in his eyes. 

Was it really that serious? 

"Not if you tell me the truth right now. If I found out the truth later then I will leave you." I lied. I could never leave him even if I wanted to. 

There was a moment of silence and then he spoke. 

"Phoenix...I'm apart of the mafia." He said making me shocked.

Aren't mafia's supposed to me cold hearted and evil. Lorenzo never hurt me in any way. 

I looked at his face and he seemed shocked for some reason. 

"Why haven't you ran away from me yet?" He question me. 

"Aren't you scared?" He continued. 

"I can't be afraid of you Lorenzo." I said. 

"Yes, I've heard mafia's are cold hearted and hurt everyone around them. But you've never hurt me. Only helped me. You might have been cold hearted in the beginning with me but not anymore." I said as a tear threatened to fall from my eyes. 

"Phoenix, how are you like this? How can you be so considerate? No one has ever treated me the way you have. Not even my own parents." He said. 

"Lorenzo." I said. 

"My parents made me grow up destined to be in the mafia and a businessman to the world. They beat me over the smallest things." He said. I could see the pain in his eyes. 

I didn't know how to react. But I was curious about something so I asked him. 

"If you could go back and have a different family, would you still go into the mafia?" I asked. 

"Yes." He said changing my opinion.