Part 3

It was usually my day off on Saturday but I had to go get the tests done. I got ready and wore something casual but appropriate. I knew it would be a blood test so decided to wear something sleeves. 

I decided to braid my hair since it would be less effort to fix all the time

I did simple makeup on but made sure to my eyes a little extra because we were going to wear masks since we didn't want the news to find out

I heard the sound of a horn beeping and headed downstairs. I saw Lorenzo Adams standing near his car waiting. He was wearing a black blouse with the top buttons undone, and he wore black trousers with it. I guess he liked to look professional everywhere he goes. 

I walked up to his car and he open the door for me. I guess he's a gentleman. 

I sat in the car and he sat to drive. He didn't say anything and neither did I since he didn't seem to be in the best mood. 

The drive was quiet so I looked out the window. 

We arrived at a hospital and we got out of the car. I was nervous for some reason. I knew I could have kids since I get my periods and I did go to the doctors after my miscarriage, but I was afraid he would ask the reason behind my miscarriage and I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want sympathy. I was snapped out my thoughts when he cleared his thoughts. 

"Why are you so nervous?" He asked. 

"I'm not"

"Then why did you stop here?" He asked again. 

"I-just nothing. Let's go" I said looking away from him. I started walking ahead of him. He caught up pretty quick. 

We got to the front reception and said our names. The lady was slightly shocked but managed to hide it. 

We sat down in the waiting room. I was lightly fiddling with my fingers looking down. I then felt Lorenzo's hand on top of mine making me look at him. 

"We can go if you want." He said. 

"No, it's fine." I replied and then our name got called. 

We went into the room and I got my blood test first and then Lorenzo did. Lorenzo then went into the room next door for the urine test. 

Once we were done we left the room. We were told the tests should come in 48 hours maybe earlier. 

We got to the car and sat inside. 

"See, it wasn't that bad." He said. 

"I didn't say it was." I replied making him sigh. 

"I guess you aren't going to tell me why you were so nervous or why you got upset when I mentioned your miscarriage yesterday. I guess you're stubborn." He stated. 

"I guess your stubborn too." I replied looking at him and he sighed and started the car.

The car drive was silent and we reached my home in no time. 

"I gave them your number for my results, and my number for your results. I'll let you know when your results come and you can do the same." He said and handed me his phone for my number. I typed it. 

"Thank you" I said and got out the car. 

I got back inside and let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding. 

_______________________

The next day. 

I got up a little later since it was Sunday. I got a bunch of calls from my parents but I couldn't be bothered picking up so I went to freshen up. 

Once I did my routine I went downstairs and saw my parents downstairs. 

I sighed and walked into the living room and sat down as they had already made themselves comfortable in my home. I swear I told the security guards to tell me before letting them in. I'll sort them out later. 

"We called you many time." My mom said. 

"I was asleep. It's my day off." I replied making my dad sigh. 

"When are you marrying Lorenzo Adams?" My dad asked.

"I don't know. We haven't discussed the date yet." I replied. 

"Get it done quickly." He said. 

"It's my life, I'll do it when I want." I replied frustrated. He's always controlling me, I'm not the naïve girl anymore who will listen to everything he says. 

"Phoenix, last time I checked I gave you that life." My mom said. 

"This crappy life I know. Thanks a lot for that. First you gave birth to me in this crappy world, then if that wasn't enough you got me married and ruined my life even more." 

"Phoenix, just shut up. You're the one who fucked up your own marriage." My dad said. 

"Wow, I messed it up. ME! YOU got me ME married to an abusive man! Are you mentally ok?! He physically and mentally abused me. When you found out you did nothing. I had to tolerate it. YOU DIDN'T CARE! So fuck you!" I cried out. 

 "If that wasn't enough he even killed my-" I tried to continued but my mom interrupted me.

"Mr Adams." She said making me turn around and see Lorenzo. Shit! I thought. 

I didn't know what to do so I walked off into my office on the same floor. I sat in my chair with tears in my eyes. I tried so hard not to cry and not to remember what happened years ago but I couldn't. I cried with my hands in my hair and slowly fell to the ground leaning on my office desk. I cried for ages until I fell asleep without realising. 

I was woken by a knock but I ignored it and closed my eyes again. I then felt arms around me and I was lifted up bridal style. I quickly opened my eyes in shock and saw Lorenzo. 

"W-what are you doing?" I asked even though it was obvious. He ignored and walked out the office with me in his arms. 

"Where's your room?" He asked. 

"I can walk." I said and he ignored again and started walking upstairs. I tried to wiggle out of his arms but he was too strong making me sigh in defeat. 

"The room to the left" I said. 

He brought me in the room and placed me in my bed covering me with the blanket and sat next to me. 

"I guess you heard everything." I said.  

"Not really." He replied. 

"Your pretending you didn't." I told him. 

"I'll wait for the day you tell me yourself." He stated and got up to leave. 

"Good night Phoenix." He said and walked out.