Part 7

Phoenix's pov

I woke up in Lorenzo's arms. I was about to quickly move away but then I remembered yesterday.

He didn't get to sleep because of me. I shouldn't disturb him.

Its hard to process everything that happened yesterday.

He was the first person who took care of me when I had nightmares. Not even my parents did.

I know I have a nice life.

I didn't realise I was staring at him stuck in my thoughts.

He shuffled a little with me in his arms but stayed 'asleep.'

I could tell he was awake by his breathing pattern change.

I know that since I would always pretend to be asleep when my parents entered my room.

"I know your awake." I said and he instantly smirked and opened his eyes.

"Good morning" He said. "I don't know if it is." I replied.

"Why not? Your in the arms of your handsome husband. It's something girls die for." He said smirking and I scoffed trying to get out of his grip.

After a while of struggling he spoke again, this time his mood changing to his serious character.

"Freshen up, then we have to speak." He said letting go and I got up.

He's probably going to ask about yesterday. I have to somehow dodge the topic.

Today had to be the weekend didn't it, no work again or I could have ran away there.

I freshened up and left the bathroom to see him already freshened up.

He was about to speak when their was a knock on the door.

He said "come in" and Anne entered letting us know breakfast was ready.

He left the room ushering me to follow too and we both sat down to eat.

It was awkward cause I was waiting for his questions. I didn't want him to see what he did yesterday.

Breakfast was finished in silence and I was about to run upstairs but he stopped me.

"My office." He said and walked infront and I followed.

Great, know what.

We entered and I said the only excuse I could think. "I have to call my parents, can we speak later?" I said making him scoff.

"Please, I know how strong your bond is with your parents" He said.

How and why did he have to know?

How do I get out of this?

"Sit" He said and I sat beside him on the couch.

"Loren-"

"What happened yesterday that made you cry?" He asked me cutting me off.

"Nothing."

"Phoenix, don't lie. Just tell me, I'll sort it out." He said a little softer this time.

I was on the verge of tears and I was trying my best to control myself.

"You can't sort it out. I can manage on my own, I always have" I replied to him.

"You don't need to do anything alone. We will solve each others problems together. You can trust me" He said putting his hand over mine.

I took a deep breath and spoke.

"Yesterday, I got a call from one of my employees that my-"

He waited patiently for my reply.

"my ex husband, showed up at my office."

"Why are you so scared of him?" He asked curiously.

"No reason." I replied not wanting him to know yet.

I thought he already knew from my argument from my parents but maybe he didn't hear all of it.

"Last time in your argument with your parents I heard your last line. You said some killed your someone, but you stopped when you saw me." He asked. So he only heard the last line.

"I was probably saying how my parents ruined my life and killed my happiness." I lied only being able to think of this excuse. He nodded In response, I could tell he didn't believe me completely.

"I'll sort your ex husband out. Don't worry."