Chapter 2

Today my husband comes home from the hospital and tomorrow I go back to work. And apparently my Rookie was almost washed out of the program for the situation that happened last week but he some how convinced Grey not to fire him.

I showed up bright and early to the hospital I would have stayed the night but Tim wouldn't let me. On the way to Tim's room I stopped at the nurses station to confirm the time Tim was able to leave as I stood there I fiddled with Tim's wedding ring in my pocket the hospital took it off when he got here and they wouldn't let him put it back on till we left and he was not a happy camper about that. When they confirmed that they were getting his paperwork together and should be done in 20-30 minutes I sent a text to Lopez to meet us here she wanted to be here when Tim was released and catch a photo of him being wheeled out to hold over him later. When I walked into his room he was asleep so I started packing up his things into his duffle bag. Once everything was packed up except something for him to wear home I walked to his bed and leaned into to kiss him awake.

"Baby the nurse is gonna be in here in a few minutes with your paperwork." I said between kisses that Tim was now returning .

"hmmm. Ok." he said with a smile.

I kissed him again before standing up straight again when the nurse walked in to unhook him from the IVs.

" Officer Bradford you ready to get out of here?" the nurse asked with a smile.

"Oh god yes no offense but this place sucks." he said smiling back with a slight grimace as she took the IV catheter out of his arm.

"Well lets hope we don't have to see you again any time soon okay." nurse said with a slight chuckle. Tim nodded with a grin

" Well if you want to get dressed a nurse will be in in a moment with your discharge paperwork. If you need anything else let us know ok." the nurse said as she was leaving.

"Will do." Tim stated as he stood up with a groan. I got up to help him change.

" I can dress my self ya know?" he said slightly frustrated. If there is one thing I know about my husband its that he hates feeling like he is useless or unable to do something and he hates when people give him pity.

" Oh I know you can but I just do it so much better." I said flirtatiously while lifting my eyebrow and looking at him. I leaned in to kiss him reaching behind him to untie the ties of his hospital gown when I was done he let it fall to the floor and picked up his t shirt. Seeing him in just a pair of boxers made me drool a little bit even after being married for almost 7 years he is still the most attractive man I have ever seen and if it wasn't for the nurse who would be coming in at any moment I probably wouldn't have let him put any clothes on if you get my drift. But i knew that Tim would die if we were ever caught doing anything remotely like that so I helped him put on his t-shirt being as lifting his arms above his head pulled a lot on his wound. once that was on he was able to pull on the sweat pants I brought him. We were both sitting on the side of his bed talking about his plan to put Lucy with Rigley. the cop who is allergic to danger to test if Lucy is okay with being "safe". When the nurse came back in she has the discharge paperwork.

" Officer Bradford will you confirm your date of birth please." the nurse said

" July 17th 1980." he replied

" Great alright lets get this paperwork signed then we will get you out of here. I assume your here take Tim home is that correct." she smiled and asked me.

" Umm yes I'm his wife ill be taking him home and making sure he follows the directions you give that I know he will try to ignore." I said and the nurse laughed as Tim signed the paperwork.