A bit more

It has been quite a few months since we last left our intrepid future parents.  Meeting the boys parents and getting closer to having their own children.  It was all falling into place. The humans were in a safe place and temporary living spaces have been set up for them.  Doctors are foreseeing their care.  Katherine is helping by meeting online with them.   Seeing her mates will not allow her to go far for the  due date for the kits is any day now.  Any day now they would go from 4 in a household to 7.  Sleepless nights, messy diapers, messy house, lack of showers and much crying.  Lets see who cries first?

       Meeting with the parents went better than Kat had imagined.   The mothers had already figured out the pregnancy thing and the fathers were delighted at the thought of being grandfathers.  When news of the amount of offspring reached their ears surprise was evident but quickly accepted.  Talk of a ceremony to bind them was talked about and plans were quickly put together.  It was be before the kits could be born it makes the birth so much easier for the human due to the connection between the mates.  It was very stressful for Katherine.  Seeing she had none of her family here.  Her soon to be mother-in-laws were great and there for everything and anything she needed but nothing could replace the thought of her own mother not being here or another human for that matter.

      G'quan:  "We need to help her some how she seems very stressed out and I cannot figure out how to help her! I have tried to be funny and tell her small jokes.  Tried to offer her help with everything and she says its fine she's got it.  But I know she is having a hard time.  The doc says health wise she is fine the kits couldn't be healthier.  But something is getting to her."   I look at K'rock and he seems to be thinking.  He starts to write on a piece of paper and hold it up.  'Someone is listening!'  I look around and see my mother and the others standing in the doorway.  She is all smiles and walks up to me.  "Look at my boy all grown up with grown up problems like this.  I love how worried you are for her it lets me know I did not fail at teaching my boy how to treat a woman."  That is when my dad comes in and shakes his  head saying "You taught him?  That was me.  You taught him manners, etiquette and such.  I taught him this and I also know how to help her in a way she will love.  And take the stress off her."    I stare at him and respond "Okay old man and how do you suggest that?"  Laughter from him and says "Not that old that I cannot beat you in a fight boy!"  My mother shakes her head and says "Now boys don't make me separate you.  No fighting in the house last time both of you needed a healer and on a holiday!..."  My mom seems to visibly shudder at the thought.

        My father says "Talk to K'rock and M'rang and just do a simple family only ceremony..."  Before he can say anything else my mother says "But...I want the full thing to show off to the entire planet and galaxy the entire..."  Interrupting K'rock's father pops in and says "Its not just for you.  Its for her and them.  The stress is a bit for anyone but being pregnant makes things a bit more difficult.  And after the little ones are here and they feel like it they can have the big party with guests from all over if they choose to."  I stare at the same time as the others in shock.  My father gave us an idea that works for all.  "Sweetie that is perfect.  So much better than your last 'great idea'."  My mom pipes in.  We all laugh remembering his vacation he had planned when we were younger. 

        He planned a great holiday all my friends and their parents and all of us.  It was at a planet with beaches and and cabins for all of us.  Catered and music the whole thing.  He set it up and it was a great price so my mother was ecstatic.  So, we all got loaded onto a ship and off we went.  Well this was going to be 2 weeks of fun in the sun, beaches, swimming, massages, and fun.  There was a group there to accept us and take our bags.  As we got to our cabins we realized the cabins were in ill repair and rooms were small but we won't be spending much time in our rooms.  Campfires, cooking food on the grill, fishing us kids were almost as excited as the parents!  The first day was pretty good.  We went to the beach swimming and playing.  The moms were sunning themselves and the dads were trying their hand at fishing.   Us looking for things to get into and boy did we.