chapter 5

Ares still couldn't get the girl off his mind the next day. He decided to ask his dad about adoption proceedings, he had read about the laws behind it but nothing of any use would come up. Maybe he could ask if he had cousins?

Aria. She looked so much like him.

It was almost the weekend and unlike most weekends, he had decided to investigate further instead of partying or taking part in any fights.

He needed anwsers.

"You seen distracted these past few days, is everything okay" his mum asked as she placed breakfast in front him and sat down herself.

"Probably a girl" Jake muttered as he walked in grabbing some food to take with him.

Ares thought about Aria. Could they really be related?

"Is it the new girl you hate, I saw her the other day, well I didn't see her face, it's weird no one ever sees her face" Xander commented.

"Why not. Is she okay? Maybe you boys should try befriend her, the poor girl is probably shy" Jess replied.

"I've seen her face" Ares mumbled.

What he didn't say was that she looked exactly like him.

"Well then why don't you get to know her instead of hating everyone. You need more friends " Jess said.

"I have friends " Ares complained.

"And most are a bad influence on you"  his dad said walking in, he kissed his wife on the cheek. "So what is today's arguement " he asked knowing his boys never agreed with each other.

"Oh there's this new girl, apparently Ares hates her, I think he should befriend her. She is probably feeling shy and insecure starting a new school " Jess told her husband.

"Fine. I agree, I'll befriend her" Ares agreed knowing if he learnt more about her he could find out the truth.

And so that lunch time he didn't stay in the cafeteria, he grabbed some food and headed to the library. It was unusual for him so everyone noticed when he wasn't there.

As he approached the library he saw Luke again this time he had hold of Aria's wrist and he whispered something looking to be threatening her.

"I thought I warned you the other day. Now take your hands off her before I break every bone in your hand" Ares warned. He had bullied her for the past week and several days but for some reason this time and last time Luke bothered her, he felt angry, more angry than he'd ever felt before.

Luke let go glaring at the girl before walking away.  "Thanks... again" she muttered keeping her head down.

"Well I don't like him, it's no big deal" Ares wasn't good at being nice.

"I think we should talk. Let's go inside the library" he said. She agreed, he had been on her mind since she had seen him that day.

They sat in a far corner, the library was currently empty apart from the librarian.
"Here, you look hungry" he said pulling out the food he had just gotten.

"I can't...I can't accept this" she mumbled. She wanted it but they would know. She wasn't allowed food.

"Call it a starting apology for all the stuff I've done to you" he said not wanting her to go without food.

"I can't " she replied.

"You need food, I saw Luke was annoyed at you for having a apple. Don't worry no one but us will know" Ares tried.

"Okay" she whispered.

The two then ate in almost silence. He had only gotten them sandwiches a bag of crisps and a drink each.  Aria was too full after the sandwich so she didn't eat the crisps but took the bottle of water.

"Thank you for this" she said feeling alot better.

"It's really no problem. Now can we get to know each other. You know so we can try and be civil" he asked.

"Why do you look like me" Aria asked, she felt guilty after asking when he didn't give her permission to ask questions but she couldn't help herself.

"I wanted to know why you look like me too" Ares asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just one of those things" she replied a little fear crept up on her knowing she didn't have an anwser for her.

"Ok let's see. Are you adopted?" He straight up asked not wanting to waste time.

Aria thought about it, maybe that's why they hated her. But why bother adopting someone you would hate. They already had Luke, it's not like they couldn't have children. And surely there would be a process. They would be checks.
No she couldn't be adopted.

"No" she replied.

"Well maybe your parents are related to mine. Maybe you are a very distant relative"  he suggested.

"Maybe" there was no other way to explain it.

"Hey how come you're in the library....what the fuck" Ethan came rushing in. His intentions were to ask Ares what he was doing in the library but then for the first time he saw the new girl. He looked to his best friend and then to the girl who had her head down "I'm sorry" she mumbled, she was scared of what would happen to her.

"It's okay. I'm sorry, I'm just in shock you both look so alike" Ethan said.

"It's probably a coinsidence" Aria replied then turned to Ares "Thank you for everything, I should go" she quickly got up ignoring Ares telling her she could stay.

"What the fuck. Why did you have to come in" Ares was angry.

"You should talk to your parents, the girl looks exactly like you" Ethan was still in shock.

Ares nodded. She wasn't adopted but if there was a chance she was family, he wanted to know. He couldn't get her out of his mind and he wanted to protect her at all costs. He didn't want Luke near her.