chapter 15

Another update....who's suprised?!

After the hospital appointment which resulted in Daniel wanting to kill her family and a official police report which made Daniel reconsider putting bad people in prison when he could just torture them like they tortured her.

She was finally allowed to go have the 'sleepover' if it wasn't for the sleep over, she would have been placed in foster care.
He wasn't going to loose her, if this really was his princess.

She had alot of bones that had been broken in the past, she had alot of bruises and scars, burns and marks from various objects.

It was a wonder she wasn't kept overnight. Probably because all her injuries couldn't be treated, they just needed time to heal.

Although her severely bruised ribs hurt to walk sometimes. Not that she told anyone.

So Daniel took her back home. The doctors had advised a few days off school and Daniel agreed, he wanted to get this case done quickly so she could be safe.

Back home, Jess was just finishing dinner when they walked in. She smiled knowing the results would be back soon and she could catch up with everything she missed in her daughter's life.

Soon everyone gathered in the dining room.

          Daniel
Aria.             Grayson
Ares.              Jake
Xander.          Jess

The seating was a little different to usual as Daniel knew everything so Aria found herself wanting to sit next to him in case his other sons asked questions. And of course Ares and Aria had to be next to each other.

They both needed each other.

Grayson glanced at the girl he hadn't met yet. Aria. He hated that name.

No one deserved the name of his sister.

"Why doesn't she look up. You know it's rude to not look up" he stated.

"Enough Grayson" Daniel said not wanting her to feel uncomfortable.

"Why can't we just send her back" he continued.

He was 9 when his sister was taken, and he changed that day. He had always wanted a sister and the happy child dissapeared that day and right now sitting across from a girl with the same name sat next to Ares. It shouldn't be a random girl, it should be his sister.

Before his parents could say anything Ares jumped to her defence.

"Go fuck off to one of your homes. Don't ever speak bad about her. She is my....my friend and if you can't accept that then leave"  Ares had to pause slightly not knowing how to describe their relationship. He didn't know if she saw him as a friend. He saw her as a friend but there was also unexplainable connection.

Everyone was shocked. Ares never jumped to anyone's defence unless he had something to gain.

"Has anyone ever told you how annoying you are, you should never have...." Grayson snapped although he stopped himself from finishing the sentence...
You should never have been born.

He loved Ares. He was extremely protective of him now. He didn't want his brother to get hurt in anyway.

He was his little brother but if the twins were never born, he wouldn't have to suffer from the knowledge of loosing his sister.

When he was older he had asked for a photo of the twins. He kept that photo in his pocket along with a 9 year old version of him holding Aria.
Of course they all  had family pictures but the ones of aria had to be hidden from Ares and Xander. The boys especially Ares wouldn't be able to cope.

Aria heard that sentence enough to know the ending and seeing Ares get attacked annoyed her.

"Do you enjoy picking on kids even though you're a fully grown man" she snapped, looking up. She rarely spoke back but she found herself needing to defend Ares.

Jake and Grayson who were say oppersite were the first to react.

Jake gasped.

Grayson took a sharp inhale.

"Ari" he whispered.

Ares was looking at him with anger for how he treated Aria.
And Aria was looking at him with anger for how he treated Ares.

They had the same look, the same features, their blue eyes and hair colour were an exact match.

He turned to his father who nodded slightly.

"I apologize aria, my intention was never to cause harm. Perhaps one day you will see why" he felt like shit.

The girl sat across from him looked exactly like Ares. It had to be Aria. He hated how he had acted. It wasn't her though. It was her name. He lost his sister. And some girl was sat across from him with the same name and it made him snap.

But now the possibility of this being aria changed things.

"You weren't kidding you look exactly the same" Xander muttered.

Jake being more calm about Aria being here smiled "well I'm Jake, but you already know that" he introduced.

"You met her before" Grayson asked a little annoyed his brother didn't share the information with him.

"Vaguely. But she left before I could see her face" Jake whispered to Grayson so only he heard.

"Well anyway Aria is going to be staying with us a few days because Ares and her have a project and her parents are out of town" Jess said knowing Aria wouldn't be comfortable anwsering any personal questions.

That night, Aria had borrowed some of Ares clothes to sleep in. They were too big for her but she was greatful. She couldn't get comfy on the bed though. There was a small knock which she froze at before faintly inviting the person in.

Grayson.

"I just wanted to apologize again. I was having a bad day. I'm not usually like this and yes I have also apologized to Ares too" he told her.

"It's okay" she said. In that moment she realised his apology was real not just for the sake of his parents.

"Well I can assure you it won't happen again. Goodnight Aria" he said with a smile and left.

She still couldn't sleep hours later so she chose to move the duvet onto the floor, it was still softer than she was used to. The carpet was soft and fluffy unlike the floor she had to sleep on at home.

She was just drifting off when the door opened again. Ares stood there and at first he was confused why she was on the floor but he didn't question it "can I join you" he mumbled.
He had not been able to sleep because all he could think about was if aria was okay, if she needed anything. And then he found himself needing to be with her.

Aria agreed as she felt safe with Ares, she felt protected from all the pain in her life with him.

He used to be her bully, they used to hate each other but the next morning when Jess came to wake Aria up, she found the two of them sleeping on the floor, Ares holding her like she'd disappear if he let go.

"We'll have the DNA results back soon " Daniel whispered. He had  walked passed and saw his wife standing so he had entered to see what she was doing. A smile immediately appeared on his face.

"What if it's just a coincidence, it's like you said they would dye her hair" she whispered.

"I was wrong. She's ours, how can she not be" he whispered.