Chapter 6 | She's Not Interested

March 18th, 2013

March 18th, 2013

Two years later.

A small white sedan rolled down the road, the sun in the sky beaming down on its exterior. As it rolled past a sidewalk, it gracefully glided further into the street to give more space to a pedestrian.

She wore a leather black trenchcoat with a strap securely wrapped around her waist. Dirty black work boots tapped against the concrete as she walked.

Her hands were shoved into the pockets. 

Riot's hair was done up in a messy low bun. The sun gleamed over her platinum white hair, who's colour was so visibly natural you could even see the white eyebrows and body hair. 

She found herself in a small hamlet in bum-fuck-nowhere. It was a homely town with a lively community, which normally would be something she hated, but this community majorly consisted of humans.
People here had found she was the girl to call if you needed any cheap manual labor done. She didn't want a shitty eight to nine cashier job, as she'd have to present herself nicely for those. Some teenage boys had her on their radar, but they were obviously too afraid to approach her.

Bunch of pussys. 

Riot snickered at the thought. She'd grown a lot taller and her muscle was denser then ever before. She could bench-press a car, honestly. 

Artio perked, making Riot halt in her waltz. Did she smell something? Perhaps a rogue to hunt down?

Her nostrils flared, and that's when it hit her. Freshly cut cedar wood mixed with a blown-out candle made itself home in her senses. Her judgement became clouded. Her feet moved automatically in the direction of the smell.
It got increasingly stronger. She passed by fellow pedestrians along the way, who made an effort to get out of her way. The last thing anyone needed was bumping into the most hot-headed woman in the town.

She stopped at the edge of a parking lot. Across it- she saw the source.

A tall man stood next to an elderly woman. He held an authoritative aura- his stance tall and proud. She listened to the old woman call him sweet nicknames- making her think she was his grandmother.

Artio released a cheer that startled her. "Maté!"

Oh, fuck no.

Riot didn't let herself indulge in his appearance. She wasn't going to get wrapped up with a mate- absolutely not. No man in this world could handle her.

Emerald green eyes suddenly bore into her soul. From across the parking lot- she could see his forest eyes study her like she were a living fairytale. Riot spun around and stomped away in a near trot.
She expected Artio to begin whimpering- but she didn't. She was silent. Riot huffed as she rounded two corners and hid around a building. Pressing her back against the wall- she knew he wouldn't be able to track her. She has no scent!