27 | Our Happy Family

"How's the baby?"

"You literally asked about it like an hour ago, that too in person," I said rolling my eyes.

"I know, still." He chuckled.

I took a seat on the edge of the bed, placing my right hand over my 9 month belly.

"Resting there, reminding me that I'm due. Happy?" I snorted.

"You sure those aren't the symptoms?" He worried.

"Believe me, those aren't labour pains. I'd know if I'm getting into it," I assured him.

"All right, but keep your phone with you all the time."

"I will. Now get back to work if you wanna leave early."

"Kiss me before hanging up,"

"Johann! What happened to the gentleman inside of you!?" He started laughing.

"How much I wish to see that blushing face right now," He was right about it, the things this man made me feel. "Think of it as an energy booster. Now c'mon I'm waiting," He started making weird sounds.

"Shut up! Focus on your work, bye!" I Hung up, he was still laughing.

"Cheating!" Said a voice from behind me.

"Not you," I smiled at him.

"You don't love me,"

"That's not true darling,"

"Then why do you allow him to flirt with you?"

"Aww, my little whiner. Because I love him, but that doesn't mean I don't love you, it's just a different kind of love." I pulled him close and kissed the top of his head.

"I don't understand that, but do that you love Mr. Yeoman more than everybody," He crossed his arms and huffed. I laughed at that.

"Well if we're putting it that way, you're a Yeoman too and a boy, so that makes you a mister. Am I not right, Mr. Aaron Yeoman?" I tapped his nose, he smiled.

"Papa and you love each other very much?" He got comfortable on my lap.

I looked at him with adoration. His facial features resembled mine and I guess his melanin genes were all from his father. Those night grey eyes, that milky white skin, raspberry pink lips and also his caramel blond hair.

"Very much. More than anyone else." I wrapped my arms around him. "Where're your sisters?"

"Yitzel is painting and Dearra is reading your book. Even I don't understand it completely, how does she?" He said scrunching his nose.

My book meant the story which I'd published on Johann's page 7 years ago.

He had it published both as books and ebooks on my 23rd birthday. And now, my two year old is always seen with that book.

"I told you not to come here!" And that'd be my four year old. "See what happened,"

"I got this," He got off of my lap.

He was such a caring brother and was often found giving advice to his sisters. His talks at times sounded too mature for a six year old, his behaviour was the same too. Simply put, he's a smart kid.

He went towards the girl's room, I followed behind and saw that Dearra was standing in a pool of black paint.

"I paint too," Dearra said.

She looked like she was about to cry, as her sister had just scolded her. I was about to go in, but stopped when I saw Aaron taking charge. They probably didn't notice me at the door.