Chapter 20

1st update of the day

Asad Pov

Salman called and had informed me that Layla was clueless about the whole ordeal and also that she sees him as her older brother.

I'm over the moon, but I need to take this as an opportunity and send a marriage proposal to their house as soon as possible.

Suddenly a reflection of myself appears inside the mirror who talking to me as if his another person. Seriously what if they already have someone else in mind for you Layla. This time you was safe because of Salman. What about next time? What if the next guy will actually say yes? What will you do then huh. Bro do something before it's too late. Otherwise the other guy will say yes and you'll keep saying.... I should have....this and that.

I am about to say something to that stupid reflection of myself but it disappears by itself like it came the first time.

Am I going nuts or something. I have been talking to myself the whole time now. Wait a bit so in movies peoples own reflection talks to them, but those are movies yaar (friend) is my life a movie seriously. What the chicken are you talking about. I question myself.

Oh Allah why am I even talking with myself. I need help seriously.

"Daddy, stop talking to yourself and open this door for me now!" Noor screams from behind my bedroom door.

Your right it's Sunday and I'm not working today so yeah.

"So sorry baby girl daddy now going to open the door." I whisper yell as loud enough for her to hear. I compose myself quickly before going to unlock my door.

"Daddy, how long you were taking. Salman uncle told me that I will get me mommy soon is it true." Noor asks.

That idiot let him came infront of me then I will teach him how and that to talk infront of kids.

"Daddy, daddy is it true?" Noor asks excitedly jumping up and down. I forgot to mention, Noor always wanted a mother.

She always asks me why she never had a mother like everyone else in her school. I never had any answer for her questions, which is why I am so angry with this Salman.

Noor once again pulls on my shirt and I nod my head. "Yes baby, very soon. Tell me where is your Salman uncle? when did he tell you?"

"A few minutes ago his in the sitting room. Can I go and play with Adam." she asks about my neighbour son.

"Sure you can go, but make sure you are back before 6 pm okay."

"Yes daddy." saying this Noor ran outside to play.

Once she is outside I shout "Salman!" marching towards the sitting room angrily.

"Dude what's you pro..." Salman asks a bit annoyed but I cut him off with a punch of my own on his mouth.

"WHAT. DID. YOU. TELL. NOOR?" huh I ask punch him while I punched him each time on his mouth.

He punches me back to get me out of my review and I stare at him hard.

"Why did you do it?"

"Azaan think about it. Noor got so happy that she'll get a mother. You should have done it, you know."

"And what will I answer her if Layla by any chance rejects me. You have no bloody shame that about what you just did.

" I'm sorry dude. I haven't thought of it that way." Salman apologise really ashamed of his actions.

****

Layla Pov

I am so shocked at what I heard Bhai (brother) say to me. They went there  for my marriage proposal with Salman Bhai like really.