💝

After a month

It was finally the day Mr. Veer was going to Ruhi's house for their meeting as per veers request. Ruhi cooked delicious butter chicken, garlic nan, chilli chicken as starter and a sweet dish. She took an off today to shop and cook everything. She got a text from veer that he will be there in an hour. She quickly slipped in a knee length floral dress. Keeping her makeup minimal yet formal. She looked beautiful. She brushed her hairs a little when the door bell was heard. She gave herself a last glance before rushing towards the door.

She opened the door as soon as she did his warm smell hit her nose. She smiled at him before welcoming him in. He gave her a bouquet. She thanked him for that. She took a notice on him. He was wearing a crisp white shirts tugged in black jeans. His hairs perfectly jelled back.

They both walked into the drawing room as he took notice of her house. It was not very big looks like she lives alone. Her room smelled lavander just like her. There hung a family photo of hers in the wall. It looked old. She looked very young and smiling brightly in the photo. Her smile was genuine nowhere near the smile she gives him.  A part of him wanted to see that smile in real. Another photo was with her mother. It was not that old but her smile looked changed not much but not as happy as in the last one. Another was a photo while receiving an award. She was just smiling not laughing. Her smile took drastic change over years.

He took notice in the shelf that had all her achievements. The trophies were shining bright. She had some small plants in her drawing room too. Her room was  pastel green and white colored. Nice much different from her cold personality. He chuckled at his own thoughts.

"You have achieved alot Miss" he spoke admiringly.

"Thank you Mr. Veer. You are not less yourself" she spoke a little blush crept her cheeks from the appreciation. Veer found it cute. How nice will it feel to make her blush more. He liked the idea.

"Please sit. I will bring masala chai for you. Make yourself comfortable i will be back" she spoke as she made her way towards the kitchen. She poured some milk in the pot before turning the gas on and added tea leaves and sugar. Adding cardamom, ginger and rose leaves. She let it boil. The aroma of her masala tea hit Veers nose. He liked it. She poured the tea in two cups before placing them on the tray and taking it to him. She served him the tea. He thanked her before slowly blowing some air in order to cool it. He took a sip and heaven.

"Wowww, i haven't drank such delicious masala tea" he complimented her.

"Thank you" she said softly and passed him a small smile.

They both sat sipping their tea as they talked about their project. Few hours passed as they continued to talk. They were now on name bases dropping the formalities. He asked her about her parents she told him about them sadly. Though she tried to hide it but it was very evident in her eyes. He skipped the topic.

"Let's continue our chit-chat while eating." She spoke. He nodded.

"This way please wash your hands i will set the table" she informed him as she moved inside. He made his way towards the washroom.

She heated the food and started setting the table when a bell was heard. She frowned who was there at this time.

She made her way towards the door and opened it. A familiar face came in front of her she stilled what were they doing here. She gazed at them. They were glowing. Where as she looked beautiful but hollow.

"May we come in" Mayra spoke as she saw her staring at them.

Ruhi came out of her daze before moving aside and letting them in. They both sat. but she was still standing.