four

That night was a long one, I went back to the hotel with Isa as the boys went out to celebrate.

"Tell me what happened. Pleaseeeee." She begged me like a child.

"There's nothing to tell." I laughed at her as I sat down on my bed.

"Fine. I'll ask Carlos."

"Why the hell would he know?" I asked her, confused at her logic.

"Boys always tell each other when they've had sex that's just what they do." She shrugged innocently.

"I'll shut that rumour down. Jesus Isa I barely know the guy."

"Well how come you were with him hm? Why did you apologise for making him late hm?," She questioned me over and over again "Did he hit you? I swear to god I will hurt him."

"No! No god. My dad found me, he took the opportunity to hit me it landed. I ran to Charles' room and we had a chat. A long innocent chat and then I went to the podium." I explained trying to figure out her expression.

"Your dad found you?"

"Yeah. Some security I have christ." I chuckled but Isa wasn't laughing, instead she embraced me in a hug and apologised for pushing me to tell her.

"I'm sorry Mel."

"It's okay, maybe I can make a song out of it." I joked but she didn't laugh she gave me a sad smile and nodded.

"You should call louise." Isa suggested as my security was very ineffective.

I pulled my phone to my ear and rang her, luckily she responded immediately "Melody! Making quite the buzz I must say."

"Yeah well it would be better if next time my security actually did their jobs, my dad found me quite easily and he managed to come into contact with me." I rambled down the phone.

"Okay but look what came from it?? All of this stuff about you and-

"No louise, my dad literally hit me! I thought that I would be safe with security." I told her.

"Mel I didn't actually hire any security- I didn't think there would be an issue but you're okay aren't you? You're alive see? No biggie." Louise calmly said and I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone.

"I don't trust that girl." Isa mumbled.

"Me neither these days."

"Okay - so how was your chat with Charles then?" Isa asked suddenly remembering I am solely responsible for him turning up late.

"It was really nice actually, he's just so sweet it's weird to think that my brother and Charles didn't used to get on." I admitted and Isa nodded making a mental note to ask Carlos everything about Charles later.

———————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

Liked by 6,463,083 people @Melody_verstappen: i'm truly so proud of you max! you never fail to impress me red bull!

@Melody_verstappen: i'm truly so proud of you max! you never fail to impress me red bull!

comments:

red bull: grateful to have you on the track today 🏁

fandomferrari: wasn't she in the Ferrari paddock today ???

maxverstappen: it's not my damn number on that cap???
➡️melody_verstappen: 🫶checo 🫶

Charlesleclerc: I think you'd suit red
__________________________________________________
Like almost always me and Isa watched every shitty movie we could find on Netflix until we fell asleep, when the boys go to celebrate they go big or go home and as Carlos was on pole he probably wouldn't get home until the next morning so Isa stayed in my room and we shared the bed.

Can confirm it wasn't the first time.

Yet again, I woke up to the disturbance that is Isa "Mel, Louises' plan has certainly worked. You're on the front of every freaking news article."

"How come? I didn't do anything?" I grumbled shoving the pillow over my face to block out all light.

"All this buzz about you and Charles, people realised you were in the Ferrari paddock and he went late to the podium and somehow so did you. People are loving it." She giggled trying to wave her phone in my face.

"That's ridiculous. I was in Ferrari hiding from my father and staying with you my friend who happens to have a Ferrari racing boyfriend and I was late because...

She cut me off "You were with Charles."

"Well yeah."

"And did you see the comment on your post? Quite flirtatious I must say," she paused "He's a very forward young man."

"Never say young man again."

"Done deal. Regretted it as soon as it left my mouth." She laughed sitting up from the bed and moving over my suitcase.

"Good grandma." I replied trying to fall asleep again.

"Oh shush. Louise is gonna die."