twenty eight

Within half an hour a song had been successfully written, which I named 'turning tables.'

I just had to film it now, Charles was sat in the corner of the room scrolling on his phone as I put my phone against the wall reminding me of the day of our first kiss.

He gave me an encouraging smile as I began the song.

(Play Adele's turning tables)

"Close enough to start a war
All that I have is on the floor
God only knows what we're fighting for
All that I say, you always say more
I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb I can't breathe
So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
To turning tables
Under haunted skies I see you, ooh-ooh
Where love is lost your ghost is found
I braved a hundred storms to leave you
As hard as you try, no I will never be knocked down
I can't keep up with your turning tables
Under your thumb I can't breathe
So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
Turning tables
Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own saviour
When the thunder calls for me
Next time I'll be braver
I'll be my own saviour
Standing on my own two feet
I won't let you close enough to hurt me
No, I won't rescue you to just desert me
I can't give you what you think you gave me
It's time to say goodbye to turning tables
To turning tables
Turning tables, yeah
Oh, no, no"

Considering the amount of time put into this song it was pretty good, my father heavily inspired this one and I'm sure the fans would put that into consideration.

Due to my lack of media presence i haven't been responding to all the rumours, some people actually believe my father has killed me. Some believe he kidnapped me.
Some think he raped me.

I've seen some awful news article that are completely and utterly false, no one even knew what he was in prison for other than anyone me and Max had told.

————————————————————————
Melody_verstappen:

(Video of me singing turning tables)

Liked by 40,792,930 people
Melody_verstappen: this song means a lot to me, it's called 'turning tables' i hope you all love it ❤️‍🩹
Comments:

Isahernaez: mel you absolutely baffle me everyday with your talent. i'm in tears.

Carlossainz: can confirm Isa is crying buckets

Melodyfan282: who reckons this is about her father???

Kellypiquet: you're so strong x

Selenagomez: the queen is back and better than ever!!!

Bellawillis: 🥹🤍

Ferrari: we've missed you at the paddock!!!

Charlesleclerc: i am beyond proud of you 🥰
________________________________

"Charles you're literally in the room with me," I laughed looking down at his comment "Thank you though."

He sighed and looked up at me "I don't want to go to the Belgian Grand Prix without you."

"If it was my way I'd be going there with you." I gave him a small smile.

"Mel I don't think I have a chance to be the world champion anymore, after all you've been through you deserve that from me." He sighed putting his head in his hands.

Oh.

I stood up and walked closer to him "Charles what on earth do you mean?"

"You just deserve better. I mean fuck sake you had to save me from my own mess on the track and then you were nearly killed by your dad and- the least I could do is win the world champion for you." He explained his eyes watering.

Honestly I had no idea he felt this way, I knew he was upset with himself after the car accident but not to this extent.

"Charles, you don't owe me anything. You put me before you everyday and that's something I appreciate of course but you need to start making it about you alright? If you want to win this - which I believe you can you need to take a breathe and do you." I wholeheartedly told him.

He hadn't been doing very well in his races since I'd been in hospital again expect for his P1 in silver stone.

Im not an idiot I know he's been blowing off training to stay with me but he needs to start thinking of himself. It's not healthy.

He shook his head "That's the thing Mel I just can't, I can't be away from you for that long without worrying that something bad is going to happen."

"Charles, start focusing on you. I mean don't pretend that I don't exist but start looking out for yourself more, if you have training go to it. A friend wants to do something go and do it. You've sacrificed so much for me and I can't let it affect your racing any longer." I told him as I he played with my hair.

He nodded in understanding "I know but I will overthink Melody."

"Charles what if you head out with Pierre today and I will ring Isa the whole time so I won't be alone, you know like baby steps?" I suggested and he nodded slowly.

He called Pierre and he agreed to go and have lunch with him as they haven't seen each other since the last Grand Prix and they didn't get the opportunity to chat much.

Just as Charles was putting his shoes on to go he spoke again "If you feel poorly or you hear noises or anything like that call me straight away okay?"

"I promise," I went over to say bye to him when I whispered "Charles, even if you don't win, you're still the champion in my eyes."