Snow On The Beach

"I'll race you!" I said to Joe and Taylor, while walking on the trail to the beach.

"Nobody said go!" Taylor yelled, her and Joe running after me.

"You snooze you loose!"

As I finally got to the beach, I slipped and fell down, not on the sand, but on the snow. I stayed on the ground, the shuffling my puffer jacket slowly subsiding.

As I was watching my cold breath rise up in front of me, the crunching of snow got louder.

"You guys are too slow." I said, even though they were panting like they had just ran a marathon.

Joe and Taylor sat on either side of me, staring out at the ocean.

"Snow on the beach." I said.

"Yep." Taylor replied.

We enjoyed the silence for a bit, no sound.

"You know what the best part about snow is?" Joe asked.

"What?" I smiled, assuming he was gonna tell a dad joke or something.

"Snowball fights."

Joe then got up and began to quickly gather a clump of snow in his hands. I ran farther away and did the same. I expected Taylor to come over to my team, but she joined Joe.

"That's so not fair!"

"This is payback for making us run!"

Joe threw the first snowball, horribly missing me. Then Taylor threw hers which got me right in the stomach. I jokingly made a betrayed face and then a determined one.

I chucked a snowball straight at Joe, and hit him in the face, leaving Taylor shocked, which gave me time to make another one and throw it at her. This one got her in the arm, and soon snowballs were flying and they were losing due to their horrible aim.

"Look who's losing!" I yelled.

"Nope, I don't lose!" Taylor yelled back.

I didn't know what she meant until she threw one of her snowballs at Joe, and ran over to my side.

"Traitor!"

Taylor and I were the power duo, and absolutely destroyed Joe, obviously. In the end, he was laying in the snow, pretending to be hurt in battle. We celebrated our victory, but also helped Joe up, and decided to go inside for hot chocolate.

As we got inside I took off my jacket and hung it up by the door. Revealing the ugly Christmas sweater I had underneath, Joe and Taylor did the same, and I almost forgot we had matching sweaters.

"Well one of us is gonna have to change." Joe said. I rolled my eyes at his dad joke, and sat on the couch.

Joe came back with our hot chocolate, marshmallows, and candy canes. I stuffed as many marshmallows as I could in my cup.

"You've got a bit of hot chocolate in your marshmallows Y/n." Joe said.

"Haha." I smiled, not really laughing.

Joe put a bunch of candy canes in his drink, but I hate minty chocolate.

We watched Home Alone. I leaned my head against Joe's shoulder, remembering how I would do the same with my dad before he well, you know.

The movie was close to ending, and my eyes were close to shutting. I simply decided to lay my head on Joe's lap, letting Taylor stroke my hair as I dozed off.

"Goodnight." Joe chuckled.

In a sleepy haze, I replied.

"Goodnight dad."

Why am I writing Christmas chapters when it's basically the summer? Because I feel like it. I'm always in a christmas mood. It's only gonna keep coming babes.

Sorry for the short chapter btw lol I'm super busy this week it's actually crazy.