happiness

"This song reminds me of you." Taylor says as we're in the recording studio.

"How so?" I ask.

"Just listen."

And I've been meaning to tell you
I think your house is haunted
Your dad is always mad and that must be why
And I think you should come live with
Me and we can be pirates
Then you won't have to cry

"We're pirates?"

"Totally."

We smiled in silence for a while, then I spoke.

"Am I going with you? Like, on tour?"

Taylor looked at me sympathetically and sighed.

"I already talked to your teachers and the principal, and it may be possible. But I don't want to put so much pressure on you-"

"I can do it. I can finish all my classes early. I'd be a lot worse off if you left for six months."

"I would visit you whenever I could."

"Could you survive so long without my presence mother?" I joked, side eyeing Taylor.

"Hmm, I don't think so..." She joked back.

After that I started working abnormally hard in school. I'd been doing assignments non stop just to finish my classes and take my exams early. Most of my classes were performance based so that was easy to sort out, but studying every day and going through a class twice as fast as the rest of your classmates is pretty stressful.

To get through all of it, I spent some of my free time writing and recording songs with Taylor. A lot of them were joke songs about the cats or something stupid, but there were a few that I actually liked, and even put onto a cd just to listen to them personally.

As tour got closer, I began attending Taylor's rehearsals at the dance studio while doing homework. I even unintentionally learned the choreography because I was there so often.

I also spent more time with Joe because I wouldn't get to see him for a while. It was a bit weird. We didn't hang out as a family anymore. It made me think of the winter when we would have snowball fights and Joe would always make hot chocolate. But I noticed one thing, while we were at a cafe.

"You still wear it?" I asked.

"Wear what?" Joe replied, confused.

I pointed at the crescent moon bracelet on his wrist. The matching one I got him for Christmas.

"Oh. Yeah of course."

"Mom still wears hers too."

"It's all for you kiddo." Joe whispers.

—————

Plot? What is that? Lmao I needed to get something out I had no idea what I was doing.

The last chapter is literally next. I have it all planned out I promise it's better than this one lol.

You guys are gonna love my author evilness.

It's been a long journey. Hopefully this story will be passed on like a folk song.