Making A Move

Lei was roused out of sleep. He opened his eyes and looked around seeing Kaira shivering as she curled up, Liangyu laying on the floor like she'd been knocked out with the Corruption by the side while the fire has died out.
He sighed and silently transformed then went to start the fire again when he sneezed and suddenly felt a familiar presence.

"...... 06, I thought you were out completing a task? Why are you suddenly here?"

Lei didn't look behind him as the familiar figure step out of the shadows, allowing his magnificent frame to be bathed in the moonlight. He had a tranquil look on his face which Lei immediately noticed when he glanced at him standing silently.

"...... We are wasting too much time Prime.... We must move quickly."

He said as he flopped down beside Lei and watched him try to start a fire. He was enjoying the silent and peaceful atmosphere when Lei suddenly muttered,

".... 06, you're growing softer by the day....."

He fell silent. Lei knew that Alpha-06 was thinking of the past which has left on him a deep scar which he knew would take a lot of time to heal. He knew this since he was right by his side when all this was happening but for sake of not wanting any drama tonight, he kept quiet.

"..... Hey Prime,"

Alpha-06 called out. Lei hummed in response as he was struggling to get a fire started.

"... I was wondering.... What did Master say would happen if we don't complete the Mission fast?"

There was silence. Lei sighed and looked at Alpha-06 with rapt attention.

"He said he'd have our souls erased if we fail him again."

And with that, he continued trying to start the fire. After sometime, he finally succeeded and sat watching the flames. There was silence, a silence he was unaccustomed to since he met Liangyu. Everyday with her was action packed but the silence was welcomed. The mood was oddly sober and they both enjoyed it.... Until it began to feel awkward.

"The fuck's wrong with you you damn bastard?"

Lei's eye twitched. He was beginning to feel some form of tension in the air like a hero reminiscing about his regretful past when he knew that this snake was a pure bastard and a serious scumbag.

'Damn bastard! Acting like the main protagonist of a cliché action, fantasy, drama, romance anime when he's actually the scum who frequents brothels and has countless sugar mamas but for some reason has a faithful wife who prays for him and supports the family!!'

Alpha-06 was trembling, trying to hold in his laughter as he heard Lei's thoughts. Lei, realizing this, proceeded to smack the shit out of him, leaving him bruised and looking miserable.
Lei huffed in frustration then side glanced at his partner.

"What do you want cause I know you didn't come here, risking Liangyu seeing you, to just relax."

Alpha-06 chuckled darkly in a sinister and villainous manner which almost made Lei face palm.

'This crazy dude....'

After the chuckle, he sighed and stretched.

"I want all the rewards of the Missions she received. Some of the City needs them for further development."

Lei hummed and a portal immediately opened. He put his hand inside then removed a small hide skin bag with spherical shapes poking out at random places. He tossed it over to Alpha-06 who caught it. He shook it a little.

*Clink, Clang!*

He smirked, stood up and started walking back into the darkness then he paused and turned your meet Lei's gaze.