74.Launchpad

Launchpad is a series of short films by Disney, now when I say Disney it's only in name because the queer episode I watched was filmed like a low-budget indie film

Launchpad is a series of short films by Disney, now when I say Disney it's only in name because the queer episode I watched was filmed like a low-budget indie film. The E3 of S1 'Growing Fans' is a supernatural fantasy.

Representation and diversity wise it definitely takes the top spot and the short itself was also sweet but I felt I wasn't the right target group for this one. This felt like a film you would show to your kids, younger siblings, or pre-teen age group who love werewolves and vampires but also want to teach them good ethics. In fact, I don't really have much to say about this short as a viewer.

The plot did feel ridiculous to me but it was endearing and had a sweet ending. It taught the typical lesson that real friends were the ones who stood beside you all along and the cool kids you idolize turn out to be bullies, adding a bit of adolescent sapphic romance.

This was a short film, in fact, the entire series was something I would not watch again myself but would recommend to a younger person I know.