Jason, Something Happened... -Chapter 20

Phantom sighed loudly as he fell back into the couch cushions that he and Tim's body were bleeding out on not even a day prior. When Phantom first showed up he was, well very nervous around Jason, skittery, and untrusting towards the anti-hero, which was well, fair. But after all the death talk over their mac and cheese, Phantom had seemed much more comfortable, it was surprising how he got used to Jason so quickly, bantering back and forth with him easily. Maybe it helped that Phantom didn't think that Jason was going to try and hurt Tim anymore. You know maybe kidnapping them was a bad start.

Phantom looked up to the ceiling and ran his hand down his face with an exhausted grown. "We need a shower." Jason wasn't sure if Phantom was talking to him or to Tim, and honestly, that was beginning to be a reoccurring problem at this point.

Normally, Jason would just err on the side of caution and answer anyway, "You definitely do. You're filthy."

Phantom chuckled, "Thanks Jason, it's part of my charm. Though I'm gonna guess not so much of Tim's." He tugged at the shirt a little so Jason could see it stick to their body slightly. All Jason did was dress the wound and then put a new shirt on. He didn't really clean up much besides that.

Phantom seemed to be listening to an inward conversation with Tim. Jason could sort of tell when Phantom's eyes focused on a point: it was how it looked if you saw someone daydreaming. Jason butted in anyway, "You two can hop in the shower, I'll grab you some clean clothes, but Timbo here will still be swimming in them."

Phantom smiled back at him, "Thanks, that would be great," he said to Jason before turning his head. "And look, Tim, I promise I won't look, like really. But we're covered in blood, and we've been kidnapped three times each in the span of the last twenty-something hours." He held his hand out in a so-so motion. "Better take this chance while we can, 'cause I don't think we can go very far in Gotham like this otherwise."

Phantom stood up and laughed at something Tim said. Jason shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "I'm sure Tim can tell you how to make sure you don't destroy all of the hard work I did on your torso." Jason pointed up and down Tim's body with a raised eyebrow. "I don't want to redo any stitches when you two get out of there, though we will have to put on some more bandages when you're done. Do you know how to do them up?"

Phantom shrugged. "Kinda? I have had to use them on myself quite a few times, But I was self-taught so I could have been doing it wrong this whole time. I'm sure Tim can explain." Phantom waved his hand away and started down the hallway. "We'll call if we need help or anything." The ghost paused and laughed again and something seemly Tim said. But Jason made no comment as they entered the bathroom.

He followed down the hall after the door closed and went through his room to rummage for some new clothes. He settled on a black t-shirt with a faded blue Superman logo on it and some gray sweatpants that had a drawstring so it could be pulled around their waist to keep them up. He shuffled through and found a few other things they might need and then walked back over to the bathroom.

He could hear a muffled conversation on the other side that was either banter or arguing. He couldn't tell, but it made him chuckle all the same. Man, this was a strange situation. He reached out and rapped his knuckles on the door a few times before opening it.

"What's the password," Phantom called out.

Jason rolled his eyes but smiled non the less. "Open sesame." He tried.

"Nope."

"The Monster Mash?"

"Good try, but no." He could feel the amusement in Phantom's tone.