14.

I didn't expect the city to throw us a boat party just for saving everybody from a demented megalomaniac. They went all out of their way with food and drinks! The whole enchilada!

I hung out at the bar with Susan, Layla, and Ingrid, having just met Alicia, a woman who Ben told us about. An accident in her early childhood blinded Alicia in both eyes. She had this skill of seeing without her vision and sensing other people's feelings. I felt so happy for my brother that he met the right woman for him. Layla and Ingrid liked Alicia right away when we introduced ourselves to her. 

"Ladies, your drinks," the bartender handed the beverages to us.

"I don't think we need another," Alicia shook her head as Ingrid handed her a glass of champagne.

"Just one more," Ingrid smiled at her.

Johnny hung out with Cameron and Howie as a few women lingered around them. From what I could tell, the hothead was more focused on me. And by the way, Layla, Ingrid, Cameron, and Howie were also commended for their actions and quick thinking. Ingrid's CPR training helped save Jimmy's life who is recovering at the hospital. The authorities let Cameron's hotwiring a car slide since it was to give Reed, Susan, and me a lift to stop Victor. When the masked sociopath wreaked havoc, Layla, Howie, Ingrid, and Cameron managed to help get many civilians away from the attack scene.

Seeing Ben comfortable in his rocky form made me happy for him.

"Look, I've been crunching the numbers on the machine, and I think if I could rework the power--," Reed explained to my brother.

"Forget it, egghead. I'm good as is," Ben smiled already feeling content.

"Better than good, baby," Alicia grinned as Susan guided her over to him.

 I went over to the guys along with Layla and Ingrid letting Ben have his time with Alicia while Reed and Susan went out to the bow.

Johnny handed me a glass of whiskey.

"You trying to get me drunk, firestorm," I shook my head smirking.

"Only if you want me to, snowberry," he grinned.

Layla tapped me on the shoulder.

"I think it's time," she remarked gesturing at where Reed and Susan were, "He's gonna pop the question."

All of us crowded over to the entrance to the bow and watched as Reed proposed to Susan, who blushed and turned invisible and slid the ring on her ring finger which I took as a yes. He kissed her, but she told him that he had kissed her nose and uncloaked herself visible and brought her lips to his.

"Aww. She's kissin' him," Ben described the scene to Alicia who laughed happily.

"They're so cute!" Layla remarked.

"Congratulations!" Cameron hollered.

"About time, you guys!" Howie called out.

"Hey, no more wisecracks about the way I look," Ben turned to Johnny.

"Hey, call me Mr. Sensitivity," the hothead smiled and patted my brother's shoulder.

Johnny sent me a wink, took my hand, and started moving, "Okay, wide load coming through! Everybody move! He's huge!"

What a ham, and a tease! I thought once we were out on the bow.

"Come here, Mr. Sensitive," Ben grumbled as he gave chase after letting go of Alicia and Layla helped guide her.

"Flame on!" Johnny shouted and shot into the sky like a flaming bullet.

I smiled and willed myself into a gust of ice and leaves and flew after him.

"Showoffs!" my brother shouted out at us.

Johnny and I ended up creating a large ring in the sky made of fire and ice along with the number five in the center before flying off together into the night.