15.

It surprised me that two years flew by rapidly. We all thought Reed and Susan would already be hitched by then. But no, there was always something coming up, like some moron trying to destroy the world and that sort of thing. I could tell they didn't want their future kids to grow up under the spotlight of the media. Susan had confided in me that both she and Reed wanted to live a normal life despite the circumstances.

The five of us were on a layover at an airport, trying to get back home. I was playing Pokemon Diamond on my Nintendo DS Lite while leaning my back against Johnny as if he were a cushion. 

"Why'd you pick the blue penguin instead of the fire monkey?" Johnny wondered as he glanced at the screen for a bit.

"You mean, a Piplup and a Chimchar," I corrected him, "And besides, it's one of my favorite starters."

Johnny sometimes liked teasing me due to my addiction to any Pokemon game I got my hands on.

"So you're saying you prefer water over fire?" he countered teasingly.

I pressed a finger on his ribcage and gave Johnny a small frostbite. He jerked realizing that I gave him an icy touch.

"Not always," I shook my head.

"Last night the FAA was forced to ground all aircraft, leaving thousands stranded, when electronic failures and mysterious power outages crippled the western United States," an anchorwoman announced on the flat screen display overhead.

I felt bad for the folks on the west side. Lately, there had been strange phenomena going on worldwide, from the Suruga Bay in Japan suddenly having its waters stiff and frozen as if someone hit the pause button, to the pyramids of Giza suddenly getting covered in snow. It made me wonder if global warming had something to do with the wacky events.

"But the big story today, the much-anticipated wedding of the Fantastic couple, Reed Richards and Susan Storm will take place this Saturday," the anchorwoman added.

I saved my game and shut off my handheld device and slid it back into my backpack wanting to preserve the battery life for the flight. People with small children approached Ben who felt at ease with himself. A couple of guys gave me their cell phone numbers which Johnny burned up discreetly. To make up for it, I had the guys pose with me to show to their friends while a few girls had their pictures taken with Johnny.

I could tell Susan was worried that the circumstances would cause her and Reed to put the wedding on hold once again. 

"Unbelievable," Reed remarked after reading something from a newspaper, "Bizzare anomalies have been occurring all over the world. Defying every known law of physics. And all the media want to know about is what China pattern Sue and I picked out."

Yet again, we were living the polar opposite of the Kardashians! 

"Hey, which one did you pick?" Ben wondered, "The blue ones with the little flowers? I really liked them."

A woman approached my brother, "Excuse me, would you mind--."

I could tell she was a parent who wanted a picture of her kids with Ben who agreed happily. When it came to kids, my big bro was all for it.

"It's happening again, isn't it?" Susan asked.

"No," Reed turned to her, "We're not postponing anything, not this time. This is gonna be the wedding you've always dreamed of and I'm not gonna let anything get in the way of that. Not even the mysterious transformation of matter at the subatomic level."

Susan smiled at him, "That's the most romantic thing you've ever said to me." 

Both of them kissed, showing some PDA.

"Which is really pathetic when you think about it," Johnny grinned.

I elbowed him in the rib.

"Dr. Richards," an airport attendant approached Reed, "I'm very sorry, but it seems we're overbooked. We do have some seats available in coach though."

"Whatever works for us," I nodded grabbing my backpack.

I grinned at the sight of Ben lifting a couple of twin boys as he posed for a picture.

"That should be fine," Reed nodded at the attendant.

All of us got on the plane. Ben ended up seated in the center of one of the left window seats. My seat number was just across from him. I slid my backpack under the seat in front of me as the overhead bins were starting to fill up. Reed had managed to stretch his arm and place his briefcase into one.

"What do you guys think about trying to get an endorsement from an airline?" Johnny wondered, "Get us a private jet."

I could tell he wasn't thrilled about being in the economy cabin. As for me, I was willing to take what we could get and be content with it.

"I think we have enough endorsement deals," Susan told him.

"That is funny. Not but seriously, Reed, it could help you subsidize all your little inventions."

"No thanks," Reed shook his head at Johnny.

"Consider it. I'll talk to you guys later," Johnny as he turned to leave.

"Johnny, where are you going?" I asked as I pulled out a paperback novel from my bag.

"I don't fly coach. Come on, Ari."

"I'd rather enjoy the flight from my seat." I opened my book and started reading.

Sometime after takeoff, I noticed Johnny flying at the left side of the plane giving Ben one of his teasing grins. My brother pulled down the shade not wanting to be bothered.

"I hope it rains," he muttered.

"I can help with that," I remarked to my big bro who smiled at me.