Chapter 26

Ethan's POV

Ever since Ava threw up at my place I have had this feeling that is putting me on edge, I don't like the fact that she's sick.

I wanted to tell her to skip work but I knew she wouldn't do it, if she can go to work during her period, then definitely she can go to work any other time.

Tristan and I had a supervision to do so we were out together, he had been really cool about us since Ava explained things to him

I'm happy we don't have to hide it from him again, now we had to look for a way around mom and dad.

The supervision was going really well and I just wanted to be done with it so I can go see Ava, I was already missing her and knowing she's sick just doesn't sit well with me.

I was still doing my work when my phone rang interrupting me, Tristan and I were standing together, I looked at the caller ID and saw dad's name flash on the screen.

Why was he calling me? Did something happen to mom?
I picked up and brought the phone to my ears.

He asked where I was and I told him and the next thing he said made my world stop, it was as if time had frozen.

I ended the call after telling him I'll be there, Tristan was already looking at me with concern.

"What's wrong E"? He asked me

"It's Ava" I breath out "She has been rushed to the hospital, she fainted at work" I told him and I immediately saw the worry on his face.

"Tris I need to....." He cut off.

"Go man, I'll take care of things here" he said and I nodded.

"Thanks Tris" I muttered before walking towards my car and getting in

I drove straight to the hospital dad told me, all the while my mind on Ava, I don't want anything to happen to her.

I know I shouldn't have let her go to work today but she's so stubborn she wouldn't stay home if I asked her to.

I got to the hospital and met Mom and Dad at the entrance, I think they just got here.

We all got in and met Uncle Tony in the waiting area and he told us her room number, before he left.

We went straight there and found her already sitting up, mom rushed in and hugged her.

"My baby, are you okay"? She asked kissing her head and Ava just chuckled lightly

"Yes Mom I'm fine" she said.

"Don't scare us like that again honey" dad said walking in.

I wanted to hug her too and kiss her but I couldn't do that, not in front of mom and dad, I just put my hands in my pocket and stood close to her bed.

The door opened and the doctor walked in holding a paper clip with his pen.

He greeted dad and mom

"Doctor, what happened"? Dad asked and the doctor just went through the paper clip thing.

"Well Mr Walker it would seem she passed out due to stress, she'll be fine if she has enough rest" he explained and dad nodded "Also, she shouldn't stress herself too much because of her condition" he added making all of us look at him.

What does he mean condition?

"What do you mean doctor? Is she sick"? Mom asked worried and the doctor just smiled and shook his head.

"No ma'am, from the test results it indicates that she's five weeks pregnant" he said and I felt my whole body tense.

Did he just say what I think he did?
Ava's pregnant

Dad looked at Ava and so did I, her eyes widen as if she didn't believe what the doctor was saying.

"You're free to leave anytime, just make sure you use your drugs" he added

The doctor left and the whole place was tense, she looked up at me with tears glistening her eyes, I hated seeing her like this but I couldn't do anything about it.

She was pregnant and it's mine.

"Ava" dad's voice echoed through the room and when I looked at him he looked enraged, she looked up at him too.

"Who's responsible for it"? He snapped and she flinched, he was scaring her, God I hate this helplessness she was feeling because I couldn't do anything about it.

Mom quickly stopped him "Alex, not now okay, let's go home first" she whispered and he just looked at her one more time before storming out of the room

Mom hadn't said anything yet and Ava was already crying, she wasn't making any sounds but I knew she was crying.

"Let's go home" mom muttered and I knew she wanted me to drive Ava, she left us both there and I quickly pulled Ava to my chest and rested my chin on her head.

She washed her face, she still haven't said anything, I know she was hurting and I didn't want to say anything that will make her hurt more.

She was scared, her face showed it all.

I drover her straight home, the ride was silent, she was looking out the window, I wanted to comfort her but I didn't know what to say.

We got home and she took her time before she left the car, she was walking slowly and I just took her hand in mine and intertwined our fingers before leading her inside.

I was blaming myself for this, she had warned me and I didn't listen, now I had put her in this position with Mom and Dad.

We walked in to find dad fuming and mom trying to calm him down, she moved behind me

"Alex calm down, you're scaring her" mom explain and dad just scoffed, his eyes found us and the glare was enough to scare anyone.

"Ava" dad called and she moved from behind me to face him, she was trembling.

"Who's responsible for your pregnancy"? He asked in a clip tone, she opened her mouth to speak but it was just tears running down her face.

I needed to be there for her, it was all my fault and I'll be damn if I let her face it alone.

"I am" I voiced out and dad's eyes snapped to look at me and so did mom's and Ava's.

Dun dun dun

Finally
Drama 😁😁😁