Chapter Seven

A week went by since Pearl and Seth had been together, and Seth thought it was only right to take her on an official first date.

What better place to take her than the place where their relationship first started.

La Push beach.

"You didn't have to do all of this you know." Pearl says, looking around at what Seth had set up.

He had put a picnic rug out on the sand with a basket of baked goods, no doubtly from his mother, with blankets and cushions in case she got cold.

"Yes I did, you deserve it." Seth said as he pulled her into his lap.

"What could I have possibly done to deserve this?" She asked looking up through her lashes at him.

"You became my Pearl." He smirked and leaned down to peck her forehead as she smiled warmly.

"That reminds me, I've got something for you." He carefully leaned over her and reached for the straw basket as she watched curiously.

He rummaged through and pulled out a small wrapped package, not bigger than his palm, and handed it to her.

"Oh Seth you shouldn't have gotten me anything." Pearl gasped unexpectedly as she gently took it from his hands.

"Oh its not much." Seth said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I made it myself . . . I thought you might like it." He bit his lip as he waited for her to open it.

When Pearl finally had neatly unwrapped the paper, she gasped again, but this time, in awe. She lifted up a loop made from twine that had a shiny, white pearl swinging on the end.

"Its beautiful Seth!" She looked at it in amazement as she held it close to her face. "And its real!" She exclaimed as she rolled the small ball in between her fingers.

"Yeah it is." Seth chuckled at her expressions, it was the exact reaction he had hoped for. "I stumbled upon a clam in the rock pools the other day and I guess I was just lucky. It made me think of you."

"Will you do the honours?" Pearl asked as he handed the two loose ends to him.

"Anything for you." He took the handmade clasp and joined it behind her neck as she pulled her hair over her shoulder. Seth took his time, taking in the scent of her hair, and made sure to lightly brush his fingers against her skin as he pulled away.

"Hold me." She breathed once he was finished, and laid back into his bare chest as much as she could, and he fastened his arms around her waist in attempt to pull her even closer.

"You're perfect, you know that?" Seth asked her, slowly leaning down to kiss her neck tenderly.

"Only because of you." She reached her arms behind her to comb her fingers through his hair, sighing lightly as he continued to claim what was his.

"That's the way I like it." Seth mumbled as he moved his way up across her jaw to just below her ear. Just feeling his breath on her was enough to drive her mad.

Pearl turned around suddenly, so she was facing him, and straddled one leg either side of his lap.

"Pearl I –" She put her finger over his lips to silence him, making the soft sound of a waterfall to quiet him further.

"Don't worry, I'm only returning the favour." Pearl calmed him and put two fingers under his chin to slightly tilt his head up, exposing more of his neck for her.

She kept eye contact with him the whole way down, until her lips made contact with his skin, and she felt him deeply swallow, his adams apple bobbing up and down.