𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐱

The next day, I asked Dominic out for breakfast again

Having breakfast with Dominic made half my day even better. We talked. Well, I mostly talked a lot trying to find out more things about her. She avoided some questions while answering the ones she thought were worth answering.

I saw how she relaxed more, the way her face softened even more when she looked at me, and how her lips pulled into a playful smirk when I said something flirtatious. I'm just having fun with her.

I needed fun ever since my breakup with my ex. Dominic made it easy for me to be myself around her in the short amount of time we were together.

She pays the bill. I wanted to pay since I was the one that asked her out again for breakfast. She didn't want to hear it.

We're walking across campus. And I don't think Dominic noticed that she was walking with me to my next class. There's a silence between us. But not that awkward kind or the kind where you feel the need to say something.

I slowed down until I came to a stop outside my department building. People were entering the building, and some were leaving. Dominic looks around, gripping the straps of her shoulder bag. Then that's when realizes how far she came with me.

"Shit," she said. "It wasn't like I was walking you to class or anything, so don't get the wrong idea. I...I just wasn't paying attention that I was following you."

"But you still followed me." I teased.

Dominic then smiles. Her smile was cute. She had dimples that aren't that noticeable unless you were looking closely at her. I didn't want to leave her just yet. Besides, I still have a couple of minutes to spare before class starts.

"By mistake." She throws it out there.

"You just don't follow someone by mistake."

"Well, I did," Dominic said.

"Sure." I laughed. "Anyway, how's the kitten doing? I'm going to the pet store after school. Maybe we can go together. To get some things?"

"You're taking that thing home with you right?"

"See, about that..."

"Hell, Nah. It's not staying with me!"

"Well, my cat is super old and it's not going to want to be bothered by some kitten."

Dominic shakes her head. "I'll Just throw it out."

"No. You can't do that!"

"It was a stray when you wanted to play captain, save a kitten, and will go back to being a stray."

I made a hurt expression and held my hand against my heart. "Have a little compassion will you?"

"It's not staying with me."