𝟑

CHAPTER 3
 ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

It's been a week since the first day of school and so far nothing too exciting has happened

It's been a week since the first day of school and so far nothing too exciting has happened. It just feels like the same old boring junior year all over again.

"We should go to this Friday's football game," Carter announces as he sits at our usual lunch table.

"I mean that's nothing new for me I have to be there every game," Naomi replies.

"Yea but there's a dance afterward so we could all hang out there," he suggests.

"I guess," she shrugs.

Everyone else agrees but me.

"Sorry can't I want to study for our AP Bio quiz," I say stuffing my face with two cookies.

"Oh no you're going it's senior year you cannot be already acting so lame," Vanessa argues.

"It's not lame that I want to study for a quiz and not fail," I reply while chewing on the cookies.

"You have all weekend to study you don't need to use a Good Friday night for that," she huffs annoyed.

"Well, quite frankly I don't care," I give her a fake smile.

"Well you will care once I call your mom," she smiles innocently.

All my friends know my mom wants me to get out of the house and do something other than studying, so whenever I decline a hangout, they automatically pull out the "calling mom" card, knowing I'm scared shitless of my mom lecturing me to hang out with friends.

"Fine fine whatever," I give in.

"Great now that we got that settled, whose car should we drive in?" Carter asks.

"Mine!" Jess chimes.

"Thank God because Carter's car is starting to smell like pizza 24/7 and I can't breathe that shit for another moment," Vanessa sighs in relief.

"Hey, it isn't so bad!" Carter defends.

We all give him a look and he just rolls his eyes at us.

"Anyways what's the theme?" I ask.

"I think my coach mentioned it was neon themed but I don't know if it's for sure," Naomi answers giving me an unsure look.

"Are you gonna eat that sandwich?" Carters asks poking my side. I shake my head and slide my lunch tray to him. He grins and immediately starts downing the sandwich. You would've thought he was starved for days or something.

Soon enough the bell rings signaling that it was time for class and since I had only 4 classes that left me with two free periods. Most of the time I used it for studying or just playing games on my phone.