🦋𝐶ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑂𝑛𝑒🦋

As Kit realized that Ella had now completely left the palace grounds he lowered his gaze and directed his vision to the stairs and saw that she had left something behind...it was her glass slipper. Not too long after Kit had rushed out the ball, the Captain and Grand Duke had spotted his unique uniform leaving the premises, so by duty and concern, they followed behind him for safety reasons and so forth. As Kit walked towards the glass slipper, he kneeled slowly and gently picked it up with a very delicate hand, as he had it in his possession he stood up and smiled, he told the Grand Duke shouted to his decision and firmly said that he did not agree with the course of action that Kit thought to pursue as he still believed that there was something more to this maiden and it was perhaps something rather dark and sinister, for it surely was not as good as it seemed from the outside, "This may be some intrigue to lure you from the palace." Said the Grand Duke, he advised that Kit rather stay behind as his father needed him to remain from within at the palace, his associates readied themselves instead as they now needed to chase after a mysterious maiden in particular.

Grand Duke made his way down the stairs and called out to the Captain who still stood alongside Kit as they would be deemed more fit to chase after the woman as opposed to having His Highness leave the palace grounds. "I was having a fine old time, and you had to go and choose that one didn't you?" the Captain said jokingly and began making his way down to ready a horse for himself, as he left Kit responded to himself saying that he indeed had to choose "that one" so to speak. Soon after he began walking back towards the main palace doors to return to the people. The Captain and Grand Duke had gathered many guards along with themselves to chase after Ella, they all hurried to the stables, seated themselves firmly on their horse saddles and began to make great haste in the direction the golden carriage had taken. In the far distance, they could see the vehicle so they continued to make their way towards her as rapidly as possible. "Grand duke, we best speed up our tracks-the carriage may only go so fast due to its heavy weight! We can near her soon enough!" the Captain said loudly as he had to shout over the loud sounds of trotting from all the horses around him, "You heard him! Quickly! Exhort your horses men!" the Grand Duke shouted to the entirety of his party.

Soon enough they had managed to shorten the space between their frontmost horseback rider to the very back wheel of Ella's carriage...and it might have seemed that they were going to be victorious in their trailing.