Chapter-13

Is he my nephew? I thought and examined his features. Indeed the world is a small place I thought.

"I am taking him with me," I said and took the child in my arms.

"Ma'am we need to record his statement," Mr. Deshmukh tried to stop me.

"I got news for you, I am not from IB. I came here to save my nephew. Now you have two options: either you can take him and follow your procedure or you can let us go."

"I'll follow the procedure and I'll charge you for deceiving."

"Sure, go forward and you'll be at a loss. I'll get media attention and fame but an inquiry will be conducted on your name. If you silently let us go, you can get a promotion by simply stating that you caught these criminals. The choice is yours." He accepted my offer and I left the spot with Rishi.

"Who are you auntie?" the child asked me.

"I know your parents, I'll take you to them."

"Are you with the police?" He asked and I nodded.

I bought two tickets for Indore and took him to a restaurant to have food. He started crying when I made him sit at the table.

"It hurts," he said.

"Where?" I asked him.

He came near my ear and said while sobbing, "From where I poop. I can't sit."

"Did someone hurt you?" I asked and he nodded.

I took him to the washroom and checked him. My suspicion turned out true, he was harassed. His anus was sore and covered with dried blood. "Assholes," I mumbled, wiping my tears.

"You are a strong boy, Rishi, don't cry okay? I'll take you to a doctor."

"I am hungry," he said after wiping his tears. I kissed his forehead and bought food for him. I took him to an army hospital and contacted Mr. Kant there. He arranged everything for me and also wired money.

The doctor suggested admitting him for at least a week. The world is becoming more horrible day by day. No one is safe here. After a week when he got better, I took him to Indore with me.

It took us fourteen hours to reach Indore. I was standing in front of the house whose owner is very much responsible for my current state. I pushed the gate with shivering hands and Rishi ran inside calling her mother.

"Rishi," my sister came out hearing him. She hugged him crying her eyes out. Soon her mother-in-law came out. She was surprised to see me.

"Where have you been? Are you hurt?" My sister asked while checking on him.

"I was kidnapped and this auntie saved me," he said pointing at me.

"Ravi," my sister whispered in bewilderment.

"Di," I said and held my tears.

"Where have you been? How are you?" she asked and hugged me.

"How are you?" I ignored her questions.

"I was devastated when Rishi disappeared three weeks ago. Thank you for bringing him back. How did you find him?" She asked, breaking the hug.

"It's a long story. I was chasing a kidnapper and found Rishi when we arrested him. I heard him telling my colleagues that he is your son, so I took him here after the doctor discharged him from the hospital."

"Why was he in the hospital?" Her mother-in-law asked. I stared at her and she averted her eyes.

"He was raped," I said. She started crying when she heard me. "Pull yourself together, Rishi needs you."