83.Becks

This movie was not bad but it was nothing special either

This movie was not bad but it was nothing special either. It's about a lesbian musician dealing with her breakup after her gf cheats on her (who is Hayley Kiyoko btw) and moves back to her hometown. 

I just felt that we weren't able to see Beck's emotions properly, getting cheated on hurts a lot and she didn't try to get closure or didn't really cry properly instead seduced a married woman even after repeatedly being told by her mother and friend not to. Not to side with the mother but being gay doesn't give her the right to be selfish and self-centered like she was during the entire film.

I hate cheating tropes, the exception being abusive or cheating partners and unfortunately, this one did not have that, added to the fact that Beck and Elyse did not feel an ounce of guilt for their act. The movie was not all bad, the songs were genuinely nice and the acting was decent but overall this had to be one of the most average sapphic films I have ever watched.

 But on top of that, the biggest bummer of the movie was that even after all that they do not even end up together!!!!! And for no reason!! Elyse clearly didn't love her husband enough to not cheat, she was financially secure and could easily get out. So the only reason there was no happy ending was because the filmmakers wanted to add unnecessary angst.