chapter 14

Hey guys~
I wanted to show what Amara was feeling when she was committing suicide. It might seem like a reckless move but facing abuse and assault for 10 years is not a simple thing. It takes a lot of strength to hold on to hope when there is none. And finally having her biggest fear torture her right under her brothers nose had broken her, making her feel like there is going to be no one that will protect her anymore.

So I'm going to write Amara's POV of that night.😌

                                      -

Amara's POV

I step into the bathroom, heading for the basin so that I can look at my petty face.

It was blotched with tears. I extended my hand towards the mirror and palmed it, even though it felt like a million needles were pricking my body right now.

I wish I could just be an image. Just someone invisible so that I can escape this hell of a life. Why is this happening to me? Why? Is it inevitable that I'm just doomed to live like this.

I thought that I would be able to escape him if I had come here but he is everywhere. Tormenting me. Barging into my dreams. In my sleep.

And I have suffered enough. It's not in me to fight anymore. There is no one to protect me. Not even my brothers......step brothers.

I take out the blade I've hidden under the basin and stare at it.

This is it. I've had enough. I'm gonna end it. I don't need anyone anymore. I'm alone and that's enough.

The one thing I've learned is that there is no one that is going to help and I'm all alone in this.

I move my trembling body towards the shower and turned the knob.

Water came rushing down from the shower head.

I stood under it, wanting to feel it one last time and brought the blade against my wrist.

I knew I was hesitating to cut but I knew I have to. It's the only choice I've got.

Do it Amara. Just one cut and it's all over. No more pain. No more ignorance. No more insult or beatings. Just.... Peace.

And I did it.

I cut my wrist.

The blooding was rushing out from my wrist and mixing with the water making beautiful patterns.

I felt nothing yet everything at once.

I felt dizzy and decided to sit down on the floor.

I stared at the source of my dizziness.

I chuckled out loud.

This is my life. Ending in such a way. I've expected it already but not so fast.

I wanted to live a normal life. It had been a dream of mine. I wanted to have parents that loved me. I wish I had sibling with whom I would argue and play with all the time.

But it always stayed a dream. Never a reality.

Would I be in a situation like this if my father were here?

Will my brothers cry for me? Will they keep a funeral for me?

Will they?

And with that last thought, I closed my eyes and went into a deep slumber. Knowing that it would be forever.

                                      -

Matteo's POV