~3~

"Today's the day we finally defeat the boss. I hope nothing goes wrong."

"Let's go over it again. We're the backup, so our target's going to be the boss' minions, the Ruin Kobolt sentinels." Kirito explains as they walk through a forest behind the rest of the players. "I know." Asuna replies. "I'll use a sword skill and knock their weapons up and out of the way when I do switch and jump in and Reina will go after you." Kirito goes over the plan. "What's a switch?" Asuna asks shocking them both. "Is this your first time being in a party?" Reina asks turning to the girl. She and Kirito both stop but Asuna walks for a while before stopping and turning to them. Reina and Kirito sigh. "How about I switch after Kirito and then you after me maybe then you'll understand what switching is." Reina offers and they both agree. Feeling content with their answer Reina continues with them both behind her. 

When they get to the door of the boss' room Diavel digs his sword into the ground facing everyone. "Listen up everyone, I've only got one thing to say to you. Let's win! Come on!" He says pushing the doors open. Inside the room was dark with the boss sitting on his throne, Diavel walks in first and everyone follows right after causing the boss to activate and the room to light up. Ilfang jumps from his throne holding his axe and shield and lets out a roar as it's ID and health bar appear above it. Three of his minions spawn right after clad in armor and wielding maces. With a roar the boss and his minion charge at the players. "Commence! Attack!" Diavel yells and the players charge forward to attack. Some players attack the minions while others attack the boss himself. "Squads A and C switch in!" Diavel commands and those squads do just that. "Here it comes Squad B block!" Diavel continues ordering. Agil deflects the boss' weapon and Kibaou activates a skill attacking the boss. 

"Squad C, keep guarding, prepare to switch. Everyone else, when you fall back regroup and flank them." Diavel says standing behind everyone and doing absolutely nothing. "Squads D, E, and F keep those minions off us." Diavel commands turning to them. "Yeah, you got it!" Kirito replies running up to a minion. It leaps at him attempting to attack it but Kirito blocks it. "Switch!" He yells. "Right!"  Reina pulls out her rapier charging at the minion with immense speed activating a sword skill and slashing the minion killing it. A minion goes to attack Kirito but he blocks it calling out for a switch, Asuna charges at the minion activating a sword skill and attacking it, killing it as well. "I thought she was new to this?" Reina asks attacking the minions around her. The boss lets out a roar catching everyone's attention. Kirito and Reina look back seeing its health down to the last bar which is now red. Ilfang throws his axe and shield. "Looks like the guidebook was right." Kibaou says smirking. "Stand back! I got it!" Diavel says charging at the boss. Reina, Kirito, and Asuna continue to attack the minions. 'So he wanted the last hit so that he could get the item.' Reina observes looking at Diavel. 

Diavel smirks running to the front with a smirk, he then gets into a battle stance activating a skill. Ilfang pulls out the weapon from behind him. 'That's not a talwar.' Reina looks at it in shock. 'That's a nodachi!' She grits her teeth. Kirito deflects an attack turning to Diavel, "Wait stop!" Kirito yells gaining Kibaou's attention. "It's no good. Get out of there!" Kirito shouts watching Diavel charge at the boss. Ilfang jumps on the pillars before launching at Diavel slashing his chest causing the boy to let out a pained shout. It slashes Diavel again before going for Kibaou's group roaring at them. Kirito and Reina run to the fallen man. "Diavel!" Kirito shouts dropping his sword and lifting Diavel's upper body. "What the hell were you thinking?" Reina asks as Kirito pulls out a healing potion from his pocket. He goes to use it but Diavel pushes it away. "You know, you were beta-testers too, weren't you?" He asks causing them both to gasp. "You wanted to get the last hit to get the rare item." Reina says kneeling beside him. "You're just like us a beta-tester." Kirito points out. Diavel smiles at them, "Please, you have to defeat the boss..." He glows. "For everyone here." He says and then bursts into polygons. Reina puts a hand over her mouth staring in shock.