Don't attend the game

" I'm so happy Liela, you'd attend right? So we could cheer for them" Theresa asked and I nodded without thinking about it. I turned to my food and started eating. I wasn't too comfortable knowing that she was so happy because of Gabriel. Why? I don't know, I just didn't like it. Well... I sighed again.

Later that day, after eating lunch at home, Abel went to his room to take a nap. Mrs Fidelia and Mr Noah were somewhere in the house,but out of sight, probably in their room or offices, I had no idea.

I sat on a couch alone in the living room thinking about the news Theresa gave me, I wanted to cheer for Gabriel.
     I heard footsteps and looked to my left, it was Gabriel who climbed down the stairs and walked to me before sitting by my side " Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded " You don't look okay" he said. I sighed

Gabriel held my shoulders and made me face him " Is something bothering you?" He asked. I looked away from him " I still don't want to talk to you" I said stubbornly. Gabriel took my left hand and started unwrapping the bandage slowly

" Fine, I'm taking it off" I looked at him again smiling. He rolled his eyes at me " So childish" he commented and I frowned. " I'm not childish" I tried defending my self pouting my lips. He looked at me, his eyes falling to my lips, his hands stopped " Don't do that" he said almost whispering " What?" I asked looking at him innocently.

He looked away from my face and started unwrapping the bandage again " Forget it" he said dismissively.
   He finished removing the bandage " Are you happy now?" He asked looking back at my face. I looked at my finger, turning in to the back and to the front again and folding my knuckles, a smile appearing on my lips.

I hugged him excitedly " Thank you, thank you, thank you" I screamed happily. I noticed he didn't hug me back, he was stiff under my hold, I quickly realized I probably wasn't supposed to hug him, I withdrew from him, he starred at me for a while before getting up
" Sorry " I muttered " it's fine, I'll be in my room" he said and then he climbed up the stairs.

I was sad he left, why am I always so stupid?

We were having dinner that night, Gabriel finished eating and said goodnight to everyone, he got up heading for the stairs, I needed to talk to him, I quickly got up saying I had finished eating, they looked at me confused, but I hurried after Gabriel.

I got to him in the middle of the stairs, he looked at me
" Gabriel" I started " What?" He asked " I heard about the basketball event and that you'd be playing" I said quickly, he only nodded in response. We kept walking until we got into the hallway, I held unto his forearm making him halt,he looked at me again

" I want to cheer for you" I said with a smile thinking it would make him happy " No" was his reply. My smile quickly fell .
" You shouldn't attend the game, I don't want you there, so don't" Gabriel said, he looked a bit annoyed " But Gabriel..... Please, you're my cousin... I.." I was saying but he Interrupted

" Don't do that Liela, please, you don't need to attend the event, please do not push it, No, remains my answer" he said then walked into his room. I felt very disappointed, he didn't even want me to cheer for him, or even attend the match. Sigh, I walked to my room.

****
I sat alone in class, even when everyone had gone out. Harry walked in, his eyes landing on me and he walked to me

" Hey beautiful" he said smiling, I looked at him and smiled faintly " Hi"
" Are you okay!" He asked and I nodded, he nodded as well
" You'd attend the basketball match right?" He asked expectantly, i looked at him for a while

" I'm not sure" I finally spoke dropping my gaze sadly. " But why not? It would be so much fun. Okay, how about this, I'm inviting you" Harry said folding his arms against his chest. ' Wait! This is actually good, I could go and cheer for Harry instead and I'll still be able to watch Gabriel play, I could easily tell him, Harry invited me, so I didn't go for him, Good ' I thought and smiled at Harry before nodding

" Okay" I said " okay?" He asked with a wide smile wanting to be sure he heard me correctly " Yeah" I said nodding along. I and Harry talked on and on , I was happy. Harry was actually good company but I don't know, I wasn't too comfortable with him.

We got home after school and I decided not to tell Gabriel that I'd be attending, he might refuse, I'd just show up on that day and there... He wouldn't be able to refuse me anymore. ' Ha I'm so smart'  I praised myself.

The day went by, we had dinner and all went to our rooms, the time was past 10pm, I couldn't sleep, I wanted to see Gabriel, he hadn't talked to me much today, and I wasn't comfortable, but it was already late, I had gone to check if he was in the living room but he wasn't, he probably decided to use the t.v in his room today or went to bed already.

However I hoped he was still awake, but if he was, I couldn't just go there without a reason, the last time I got into his room, it didn't go so well, but that didn't stop me. I just wanted to be around him, I wanted him to see me, odd of me but I couldn't help the feeling. Just then, a light bulb clicked in my head. I knew I was smart. Okay not exactly but well there's no harm in flattering myself once in a while.

I picked up my phone and strolled out of my room, I walked to Gabriel's door and knocked softly but there was no reply, I knocked again, same silence, I lost hope, perhaps he was asleep already. I knocked one more time calling his name along in a whisper.

Still there was no reply, I sighed lowering my head in disappointment. The door suddenly cracked open, I quickly raised my head and my eyes met his, although I had to crane my head slightly " Hey" I said happily, but he wasn't smiling, he was frowning, he didn't look like he was sleeping, his hair was ruffled, I blinked.

My eyes slowly lowering from his face down , he was shirtless, this was the first time I'm seeing him completely shirtless and it was quite a sight

________________________

Please Vote & Comment ❤️

See you in the next chapter