I liked Gabriel

" Wow I'm so scared" I said sarcastically with a laugh.
" Gabriel" she yelled in frustration. " I'm serious" she added.
" Okay, okay, but don't you think I could actually promise you now and then still tell Mom after removing whatever is hidden there?" I asked.

" You're a devil" She yelled angrily. I folded my arms " Are you just finding out?" I asked. God! I enjoyed annoying her.
" You're so difficult" She murmured but I heard. " Not when you turn me on" I replied as I tilted my head to the side with a smirk.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me. I pulled away from the wall knowing she didn't understand what I meant. Liela suddenly pulled the door open. But kept her gaze on me.

" I'm serious Gabriel. If you don't promise , I'll never believe anything you say again" she said.
I smiled. " No. Go ahead and look" I said in a daring tune.
" Do you think I can't?" She asked. I chuckled. " Nope. It's just a matter of turning around" I said confidently.

Now that I knew she wasn't my cousin, I had no plans of hiding anything from her. Especially my feelings.
" Why aren't you looking Liela? Aren't you curious?" I asked. I actually wanted her to look now.
" If I look at it. It's a one time thing. I'll see it and I can't un-see it. Are you sure it's okay if I look?" She asked.

Her eyes pleading with me. She was curious to know what it was but didn't want to get me upset. I nodded with a smile. She quickly turned around and I watched how she froze.
She took a step closer. Looking at each and everyone of her picture that I've used in making a collage in the entire closet.
On the door, the walls and everywhere.

( Note: It isn't a walk in closet).

I've been secretly taking pictures of her over the months she's been here. When I started craving to see her more but refused to admit my feelings to myself.

Sometimes she'd think I was operating my phone but I was taking pictures of her. I even started paying people to take pictures of her doing random things. It was creepy but I couldn't help it.

There were pictures of Liela randomly eating snacks while walking around in the house. There were others with her in school, eating in the cafeteria. In the hallway. In the fields. Sitting, standing, laughing.

There were others of her watching the television in the living room. Her eating alone at the dinning. Her, operating her phone and alot more. There was one very big picture of her. She was on a white camisole. She stood in the balcony. It was her side profile, but her face was turned to face the camera while the wind blew against her hair. She looked so beautiful.

I had taken that picture on a Sunday. I woke up and found Liela alone at the balcony watching the sunrise. She looked at me when I came into the balcony and I took a picture of her. I had denied taking a picture of her that day.

I stopped taking pictures of her secretly a while ago. When I decided to stop being a creep. Liela turned to look at me. She looked stunned and confused. " Gabriel... What. What is this?" She asked. " Your pictures" I stated like it was nothing. " But. Why do you have so many pictures of me here? When did these even happen? When did you take them?" She asked, not looking angry.

That made me relax a little because my mind had been thinking about the possibility of her getting mad.
" That's a secret" I smiled trying to make her see that I mean no harm. She strolled towards me, holding back a smile. She stopped when she was right in front of me.

" So... You think I'm pretty?" She asked blinking. I burst into laughter unable to hold it back. She frowned. " Gabriel..." She whined. I finally stopped laughing and starred at her.
" Yes" I said
" Yes Liela. I find you so beautiful, anyone who doesn't think so is definitely blind" I added and she blushed hard.

She looked back at the pictures and looked at me again.
" I'm sorry for taking pictures of you without your permission. Forgive me... But please. Can I keep them?" I asked. She smiled.
" Only if you'll give me some. I don't own any picture of myself...and.... " She paused now avoiding eye contact with me.

" You'll... Give me your pictures or let me take pictures of you with my phone" she pleaded. I smiled widely. " I'll like that" I replied. She nodded in attempt to walk out of the room, but I held her back, my hands on her waist as I held her against myself.

I missed being so close to her. She looked up at me. " I promise. Mom wouldn't hear about this book. Although she wouldn't get mad but I wouldn't tell her. I promise" I assured and gave her the book.

She nodded, still blushing. She took the book withdrawing from me and hurried out of the room. I smiled as I looked back to the closet. The doors hung open revealing Liela's pictures.

Liela's Pov

I liked Gabriel. I liked him so much. Days went by. Gabriel gave me his picture. Evil him. He gave me just one. However. He let me take pictures of him with my phone and I even took a few together with him.

I spent time looking at them. Gabriel didn't treat me like I wasn't important anymore. He never really treated me badly tho. It was probably me just seeking extra attention.

I didn't see any girls around him these days and he treated me like I was his........... Girlfriend. Even in school. Which made people gossip about us. I try to avoid him in school knowing he didn't care about the people, but I did. Yet I never succeeded. I liked it tho.

It felt right to me. He would randomly corner me in places and kiss me on the lips. They were never just short kisses, it was always deep kisses. I knew if I didn't always stop him, he was ready to go on and on. I felt special around him.

I felt loved. The type of love I've always lacked all my life. Gabriel gave me more than enough and sometimes when he's so nice. I feel like crying.

___________________________
What If Liela knows too?

Vote and Comment 💜