41. Separate Classes

"I'm not explaining to you anymore, get up." Xu You was too annoyed at him to study, so she simply stood up.

Xie Ci raised his eyebrows, a look of scoundrel on his face. "No, if you want to, you can try to get across me."

He stepped on the rail under the table and leaned back, his back hitting the wall, blocking all of her pathways.

Xu You looked at Xie Ci, and found it funny. "I'm getting out to get hot water for medicine, what are you doing?"

This medicine was a traditional Chinese medicine used to regulate the stomach, and had a bitter taste even when you smelled it. Xu You gently shook the thick brown juice, taking a small sip. She immediately frowned from the bitterness, and stuck out her tongue.

"Damn. I'll say, it smells so bad!" The person at the front row turned around, and found Xu You sitting next to Xie Ci, feeling like he had just seen a ghost. "Holy shit, when did you appear here, top student? So mysterious."

Their seats were by the back door, which was a relatively inconspicuous position in the class. Because of the temperature difference, the glass windows in the classroom were covered with a layer of white fog, making it impossible to see in from the outside, and also impossible to see out clearly from the inside.

Xu You wrinkled her nose, looking at the medicine in the cup. "Does it smell bad? Then I'll finish it quickly."

"What are you talking about? Turn back," Xie Ci was annoyed, throwing a book over.

He was really loud when he talked in the classroom. It made several people in the front row turn to look, thinking there was something exciting going on.

Xu You struggled for a long time and finally prepared herself mentally. She pinched her nose and gulped down the medicine.

Gurgling, the bitter brown liquid slid down her throat, filling her nose and throat with a choking bitter taste. She put the bottomed cup aside, all the features on her small face wrinkled together.

It was so bitter, it rendered her speechless.

"Is there any water? Give me some water," Xu You couldn't bear it and asked in a low voice with difficulty.

Xie Ci left and got some hot water for her. Xu You opened the back door and ran to the toilet to rinse her mouth. She rinsed many times, but the unpleasant taste in her mouth did not dissipate.

Back in the classroom, Xie Ci was still sitting there, not even changing his posture.

He stared at her. "Are you better?"

Xu You shook her head closing the door gently, and sat down. "It's so bitter it's killing me."

Xie Ci said something, but she didn't hear it clearly, and asked, "What?"

"I said," Xie Ci lowered his head, peeled off a candy and threw it into his mouth, saying slowly, "I have candy."

He leaned forward slightly, putting his hand on the chair behind her shoulders, as if he was encircling her.

Xu You felt something was going to happen, and leaned back a little. The next second, Xie Ci kissed her. He held her shoulder with one hand, raising his head slightly and pressing his lips against hers.

Xu You was stunned on the spot as if struck by lightning.

He smiled softly and winced slightly, prying open her slightly opened pink lips, passing the candy in his mouth.

It was the sweet taste of Da Bai Tu (White Rabbit) milk candy.

When she finally came to, Xu You pushed him away reflexively. Her face was getting redder and redder uncontrollably. She laid down on the table next to her, burying her face in her arms. Her face was burning with heat, and her heart felt like an opened bottle of fizzy Sprite.