Chapter 10

"Where are you going?" Angy asked Alex from where she stood at the masonry  archway entrance of the large living room.

It has been exactly two weeks since the whole Charlotte-Rachel fiasco. True to Vivienne's words, the boys' warnings had done a bit of wonder to the students. In fact, maybe more than a bit. They no longer whispered. The rumors about her had quietened. But she could see it in their eyes. The envy. The jealousy. The hatred. The disgust.

Angy had found during her little stay in the Royailleirs Academy that the lives of the students basically evolved around social ranks and wealth. It repulsed her.

These same people didn't fail to make their somewhat hatred for her visible despite the fact they'd tried to be friends with her because she was friends with the 'RPs'. She could understand the hatred though. After all, they literally revered Charlotte. Apparently, Charlotte was the queen of Royailleirs. Or so they thought.

Vivienne was right about the friendship requests.

Speaking of Vivienne. The gutsy Queen was still, well, gutsy. She was quite the interesting character to Angy. They were not exactly friends, they were just 'cool' with each other, in Vivienne's terms. As much as she liked the company of the boys, she found Vivienne's company to be nice too, much to Drew's displeasure. Vivienne was a bubbly and free spirit, she was different from majority of the students.

More often than not, she spent lunch break in the trio's lounge together with them. Although, Angy wasn't keen on leaving Vivienne alone during lunch break to sit all by herself but the boys wouldn't let her out of their sight. Not like the lounge wasn't nice, better still, she preferred it to the lunch room. And Drew, of course was always there to entertain her.

Staring at his back, Angy watched Alex halt in his steps, pull out one of his ear pods, and turn to her.

"I want to get some air." Alex replied.

"Oh." Lowering her lashes, Angy turned on her heel in an attempt to leave the room.

"Do you want to go with me? For a walk." Alex added to the last part when she didn't say anything. He dipped his hands into the pockets of his joggers and stared at Angy from behind.

Angy turned in surprise. "You want me to go with you?" She blinked.

"You're the only person here, aren't you?"

"Oh, right." Angy nodded to herself. "Uh..." She looked down at herself, she was already in her pyjamas.

"Barely anyone would be on the street by this time. You don't have to change your clothes." Alex said, gesturing to her nightwear.

Walking down to Alex, Angy began to straighten her shirt. "Okay."

"After you." He allowed her to walk ahead of him up until they reached the gates. He pulled open the gate and paused for to go first then he followed after, closing the metallic gate with a small creak.

Slowly and quietly, they walked side by side out the driveway and into the street. Night had fallen upon the street, the sun had long set, a few hours ago. Now, the evening had darkened into a deep midnight blue color of the night.

Angy looked around. Alex was right, the street was devoid of anyone. It was silent. However, the night view of the street was quite fascinating. The street lamps were lined down and at either sides of  the street, illuminating bright neon lights along the path. To sum it all, the streetlights were beautiful to see at night.

They turned a few corners, took a couple of turns too with Angy sticking close to Alex all along. They continued to walk in silence, exchanging no words but often times, Angy did steal a few glances at Alex.